Why become a member? ×

Buying Epifani Cabs? UK or Europe?

Zonnick

Hi

I'm working up to sorting myself out with a small epifani cab (either a UL110 or 2x10).

Any Epifani-heads have any suggestions where the best place is to buy this brand with the least mark-up? I will consider ordering from Europe.

Incidentally I might pair it with a Little Mark head, although the best prices on that seem to be in the UK.

Cheers

Nick

[quote name='Zonnick' post='94863' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:40 PM']Hi

I'm working up to sorting myself out with a small epifani cab (either a UL110 or 2x10).

Any Epifani-heads have any suggestions where the best place is to buy this brand with the least mark-up? I will consider ordering from Europe.

Incidentally I might pair it with a Little Mark head, although the best prices on that seem to be in the UK.

Cheers

Nick[/quote]

There was this seller on eBay, but once I took into account p&p and custom charges, it wouldn't have been that much cheaper than buying it from the Bass Gallery. I got mine from them, and they seem to be a little flexible on the prices on their website www.thebassgallery.com. I believe they have exclusive dealership in UK. TBH, I couldn't find many dealers for Epifani. Not even the might Thomann have dealership. It seems to be heavily niched.

I too am running a MarkBass LMII into UL110. Fantastic for the size and weight!

I got UL212 from Wood&tronics back in May this year (the is a thread all about that). To be honest it would have worked out cheaper and quicker getting it from the USA but i guess if you want to order from Europe then they are only one or two places you can get them from, The Gallery being the only other one i can think of. My suggestion is that if you do use W&T get a written quote first, including postage. They stung me for an extra £70 after i had wired the money to them. They had just made a mistake on the cost of postage, not trying to con me or anything but it did put the price up to almost what the Gallery would have cost and around £130 (at the time) more than getting it from the USA. I could have cancelled but by that time i was running out of time to go elsewhere so was in a bind.
Im not putting W&T down but it was not a good experience dealing with them. Very badly organised IMO and i hope they are a bit better now. Enrico is a nice person though and he did all he could to sort things out.
Ive actually got a UL cab from both. for me The Gallery was much easier but then i live in central London so can go and see them. Alex is a good bloke to deal with.
The problem with ordering from here or Europe is they dont always have a lot of stock in although they can order it of course but if you deal direct with the States you have a greater choice of dealers. For example the grooveshoppe do the UL110 for $449. Even with vat and customs etc it still works out quite cheap.

I love the sound of my MB heads through either my UL115 or UL212. Very full and loud, even with the EQ running flat and just messing with the two filters.

Edited by dave_bass5