Why become a member? ×

DIY Cabinet help

MileBG

[quote name='MileBG' post='94975' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:20 AM']Hello there! I am starting to build bass cab to expand my Nemesis N28S combo, I am thinking about cab with 15 inch speaker,but I need building plans,please help me![/quote]

Here's a great place to start: [url="http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro"]http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro[/url]

Download winisd pro, choose a driver from their database and have a play.

I'm not sure if the Eminence Kappalite 15LF is in their database, if not you can get the necessary data from www.eminence.com and enter it yourself. This is a great speaker, very powerful and lightweight.

enjoy!

After building two tuba 30's I discovered they are bit to big for my front door, good planning ahead as usual. Anyhow as a result I'm currently in the process of building two dual driver tuba 24's. The tubas are a easy and enjoyable enough build, I cant comment on the BFM bass guitar cabs but i'm confident they will be the nuts, so give em a go.

[quote name='BeLow' post='95289' date='Nov 27 2007, 08:27 PM']Have a look at this thread - cab built was a bit more straightforward than a BFM and worked well with an eminence Gamma 15 speaker.

It is not as efficient as the BFM design but worth considering.[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=380"]Here's the thread Below's talking about[/url]

I have build both the 12" and 15" version sof the Electrovoice cabinet, and they are great. However, I think you could get away with either 12mm ply (rather than 18mm), and if you are going to carpet cover the finished cab, maybe try a good quality spruce ply rather than birch, as it will be a lot lighter. The 15" cab is not huge, but is a slightly ungainly shape to move around.

The 12" cab in combination with amy Markbass 250 has gained very positive comments from other bassists who've tried it.

[quote name='BeLow' post='96550' date='Nov 30 2007, 05:57 AM']I think they link in series rather than parallel whihc theoreticaly might reduce your power output. Maybe some knowlegdeable Nemesis fans will correct me on this?[/quote]The net sensitivity would remain the same, and the increased power handing would potentially allow for more output. However, with series wiring you can't use just any cab. The extension cab would alter the loading of the internal drivers, so anything other than drivers identical to those in the combo would seriously alter tone as well. Series wiring unlike drivers is just a bad idea all around, and should be avoided.