Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Johngh

walplayer

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Well.. what to say about John.... :rolleyes:

John is without doubt, one of the very finest guys on here!! I've just bought my stunning Status 6 from him this last weekend. A fantastic sale, and such a great guy to deal with. We worked a superb deal, and he is extremely knowledgeable and helpful! I am absolutely made up!
John also drove from his home in Derbyshire, to me in Blackpool, to personally deliver the bass. It just happened to be the weekend where he ended up driving through very heavy snow, and terrible gridlocked traffic... the journey from hell, right John? And he still persevered to deliver the bass, for which I am endlessly grateful for!

So anyone wanting to deal with John for any reason, have no worries.. he's the best!

Keep in touch mate! :)

So, I mentioned if I couldn't sell my 74 /75 jazz, I may sell my Geddy or Highway 1, as I can't justify 3 jazzes.
John contacted me re Geddy, price agreed, meet agreed.
Despite 110 miles between us, snow and awful roads, everything went like clockwork.

John, you are a gent as a Mod (usually thankless task), a gent as a buyer, and , er, well an all round gent.

Many thanks for everything, really hope you enjoy,

Cheers,
Karl.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much John.

A real gent, delivered a bass right to my door. Unfortunately I wasn't here to meet and greet but I fully appreciate what you did John and hopefully I can do the same for you some day.

Will

p.s The bass is really nice and in excellent nick. I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

John bought my Yamaha TRB6 JP2. He was pleasure to deal with, great comms etc and it all went swimmingly. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet John when he collected the bass from my house due to my work commitments which was a pity.

Great bloke and a real stalwart of this hallowed forum. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I bought a bass from John, the bass is in excellent condition, as new. The delivery was fast and the package very well protected.

We also had lots of great communications.

Everything was really cool.

John is definitely a great guy to do a deal with !

Thanks.

:)

• 5 months later...

One Senheiser Wireless system changed hands in a McDonalds car park. John is a top bloke - great communications very honest and friendly. Pity we didnt have time to stop and chat longer. I'm sure the family eating their McDonalds breakfast thought there was a drug deal going on.. two middle aged muso's in a car park exchanging the comtents of a bag for £50 !! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

John, you are one hero of the bassketer bass story!
With no gain for yourself you let a desperate situation for me end with a happy end.
You made it happen, that after a person tried to fool me, i received that bass out of your hands.
You a re farely more than a moderator, you are a top bloke.

Chapeau to you John!
Mess with one, you mess with all..you live that!
Thank you very much for getting the bass for me, for annoying and displeasing moments in my name.
I will never forget this.

if you want to read the details of this story, please follow the link
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/166617-basschat-and-the-8-string-p-bass/

• 1 month later...

Bought a Yamaha TRB1005 from John a few weeks ago.

Was willing to travel and meet me halfway.

Good all round guy to deal with, - plenty of advice and info on basses and all things bass related.....think that he has had more basses than I've had hot dinners.

Martyn

• 3 weeks later...