Why become a member? ×

My first gig on Double Bass tonight !

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

It's finally happend, Im doing my first gig on double bass tonight after around 18 months of playing it, equally nervous and excited, I am also going to do away with the side dot's I sometimes use.

It's the first gig for my new band so it draws a little bit of the pressure off me but not much.

Any tips?

Guest subaudio

Hi Guys, it went great ! really enjoyed it, there were a couple of little intonation fluffs on octaves and I got a bit carried away on an improv section but in all it went well.

The sound man hadnt worked with an upright before so it took a little while to get a sound, but there were no feedback problems, so all was good.

I really want to spend some time with my EBS pre/DI now and get a nice sound sorted for my next on gig on Sunday

Guest subaudio

[quote name='King Tut' post='95900' date='Nov 28 2007, 11:43 PM']Just enjoy yourself man - I've started taking my NS4M out recently and just love it - kept the stickers that sub for side dots on though hee hee![/quote]

Hi King Tut, sage (sp?) advice, I have an NS CR5, great sounding basses !