Why become a member? ×

Bill Lawrence EB60 P-Bass pickup

BargyBass

When this arrives, I intend to install it and attempt to give it a review..
Seems there's very little information about these pickups on t'internet
so I'll try and shed a little light.. I'm hoping I get lucky like I did with
my Roberts Strings and Q-Parts bridge from eBay..
Bass on a budget? That's my name!!

[quote name='BargyBass' post='9663' date='May 31 2007, 01:28 AM']When this arrives, I intend to install it and attempt to give it a review..
Seems there's very little information about these pickups on t'internet
so I'll try and shed a little light.. I'm hoping I get lucky like I did with
my Roberts Strings and Q-Parts bridge from eBay..
Bass on a budget? That's my name!![/quote]
please do...I've been looking at those pups for a while, but didnt really want to bite the bullet...guess you'll be our local BL ginny pig :)

[url="http://www.billlawrenceusa.com/"][color="red"]Bill Lawrence Products[/color][/url] is very much different from [url="http://www.billlawrence.com/"][color="blue"]the Bill Lawrence[/color][/url]

There used to be a whole history of the dispute between these two on the second site above but they seem to be re-hashing things right now. The second site is the real Bill Lawrence and you can find lots of reviews of his products if you Google him.

I too bought a P-Bass pickup off ebay thinking it was the real MaCoy but it sounds good and was cheap.

Cheers,

[quote name='TPJ' post='9794' date='May 31 2007, 11:51 AM'][url="http://www.billlawrenceusa.com/"][color="red"]Bill Lawrence Products[/color][/url] is very much different from [url="http://www.billlawrence.com/"][color="blue"]the Bill Lawrence[/color][/url]

There used to be a whole history of the dispute between these two on the second site above but they seem to be re-hashing things right now. The second site is the real Bill Lawrence and you can find lots of reviews of his products if you Google him.

I too bought a P-Bass pickup off ebay thinking it was the real MaCoy but it sounds good and was cheap.

Cheers,[/quote]

I was hoping these were the ones made by the real Bill Lawrence and his website does say he'd started making these again last October on a limited run.. I'm sure it's one of these that's on it's way to me.. The other company don't appear to be making 'em, so you never know..
If it sounds good when I drop it in, that'll be me pleased!!

[quote name='TPJ' post='9794' date='May 31 2007, 11:51 AM'][url="http://www.billlawrenceusa.com/"][color="red"]Bill Lawrence Products[/color][/url] is very much different from [url="http://www.billlawrence.com/"][color="blue"]the Bill Lawrence[/color][/url]

Cheers,[/quote]
now I'm confused...there are actually 3 Bill Lawrences? :huh:

[quote name='BargyBass' post='10321' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:50 AM']I was hoping these were the ones made by the real Bill Lawrence and his website does say he'd started making these again last October on a limited run.. I'm sure it's one of these that's on it's way to me.. The other company don't appear to be making 'em, so you never know..
If it sounds good when I drop it in, that'll be me pleased!![/quote]
hope you got the real thing mate...its gotta be annoying to think you're getting something good and it ends up being a knock-off :)

[quote name='setekh' post='10343' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:26 AM']now I'm confused...there are actually 3 Bill Lawrences? :huh:
hope you got the real thing mate...its gotta be annoying to think you're getting something good and it ends up being a knock-off :)[/quote]

Don't worry the man.

--

THE pickups you're receiving will be perfect. They will be lovely and snuggly and they will wholeheartedly satisfy your bassy muse.

Edited by paul, the

[quote name='BargyBass' post='10337' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:12 AM']
A picture of the box it's in.. Dusty's guitars is where I got it from..
Hope it arrives soon.. I now somehow suspect it's made by the first
one of the two links made by Jzchak Wajcman's company...[/quote]
That's the kind of box mine came in. If you look it says Bill Lawrence Products on the front. It wasn't a pickup from THE Bill Lawrence. In fact, it didn't even have a pickup cover. I had to hunt around the Leeds music stores to find a set of covers. It seems to sound good so that's all that really matters.

Cheers,

[quote name='TPJ' post='12311' date='Jun 5 2007, 09:04 AM']That's the kind of box mine came in. If you look it says Bill Lawrence Products on the front. It wasn't a pickup from THE Bill Lawrence. In fact, it didn't even have a pickup cover. I had to hunt around the Leeds music stores to find a set of covers. It seems to sound good so that's all that really matters.

Cheers,[/quote]

Thanks for that mate... Let's hope it turns up with covers!!
I still await it's arrival and hope customs haven't got interested..
Posted last tuesday with a hopeful 5-10 days wait according to the seller,
I'm just curious to see what arrives now.

Right!! It turned up..
Well, I say turned up.. I had to fetch it from the sorting office
and first pay the dreaded CUSTOMS CHARGE!!
On a pick I paid £25.50 for I had to pay £12.31!!!!
That put me in a great mood to start!!
The pickup was all there, but with an extra wire coming from it!!
Installation instructions in the box? Eeerrr NO!!
Luckily I figured it was an earthing wire.. I think!!
It's working anyway.. and it sounds....
FLIPPIN' MARVELLOUS!!!!!