Why become a member? ×

Which wah next

sk8

• 2 weeks later...

Although you've already sprung on the Weeping Demon, I thought I'd give a mini-review of all the wah's I own.

[b]Morley PBA (older discontiued blue model, not the Dual Bass Wah)[/b]

Fairly nice pedal. Sweep was fairly unipressive however. The 'Wah' dial did nothing more than increase the volume of the sweep rather than changing the actual filter, thus making it very much a 'one trick poney'

[b]Ibanez Weeping Demon[/b]

Great wah, but had some annoying features. It was really good at coping the Cliff Burton screams, and was all in all a pretty good rock wah. Not as good at funk though. I usually had mine set on the 'High' settings, but as sk8 said, it is very tweakable and almost both settings could be made useful different situations. Personal downsides for me though is that it could be noisey (for reference I was powering it with the Diago power supply), and also had a vairly large footprint because of the footswitch on the side.

[b]Dunlop 105Q[/b]

Best (reasonably priced) bass wah out there in my opinion. Does it's job and does it with no downsides in my opinion. Running some nice overdrive into it creates a tone unlike any other wah I have used (on guitar or bass). Does not do the distorted Burton screams well, but that's not what I want to use it for. Great for funk and although the physical sweep is smaller than both of the other wahs I have tried, it is more sensative of the others. Also has a smaller footprint than the others.

[quote name='Pearl_Jammin' post='106184' date='Dec 18 2007, 09:05 PM'][b]Dunlop 105Q[/b]

Best (reasonably priced) bass wah out there in my opinion. Does it's job and does it with no downsides in my opinion. Running some nice overdrive into it creates a tone unlike any other wah I have used (on guitar or bass). Does not do the distorted Burton screams well, but that's not what I want to use it for. Great for funk and although the physical sweep is smaller than both of the other wahs I have tried, it is more sensative of the others. Also has a smaller footprint than the others.[/quote]

Having owned one of these in the past, I agree with this.

Nice mini-review :)