Why become a member? ×

USB keyboard questions

ped

Ey up everyone,

Now at the moment I am in heaven with my simple but literally plug and play recording setup. I have Ableton Live Lite 6 and my bass pod XT pro plugged into my laptop via usb, and I listen to everything through headphones or through my trace V4. It sounds wonderful and is SO easy to use.

Now then - all I want now is a little keyboard that I can plug into my laptop which I can use to play drums and a few other things into ableton on a new track. In the 'proper' studio we have reason and a whole host of other rewire apps which just work wonderfully, but I want something cheaper and lighter as I only want a few things from it. I want to control the built in sounds avaliable in Ableton which are fine, but the drums are limited and hard to 'play' with the laptop keyboard.

Ideally I want a lil keyboard with loads of built in sounds I can just play. Failing that, one which comes with some audio samples it can control and then those into Ableton. Is this confusing or do you understand me? Lol.

Any ideas? I plan to go to PMT tomorrow and have a chat with the folk there as they have been great in the past, but want to go in with some idea and prices in mind.

Cheers
ped

Thanks Garry, nice one. I got a midi keyboard today and have worked out how to use it with Reason and Ableton and everything is great now!! Thanks very much for the help, I await the postman with excitement!

ped