Why become a member? ×

Status players, which model(s) do you have?

OutToPlayJazz

Kingbass for me..... I have a Graphite Artiste 5 string and a Black Beauty (see the for sale section). The Black Beauty is probably the best bass I have owned and I'd dearly love a 5 string version....

The 5 String Graphite is exceptional to play. The sound is spot on for my needs and the thing that attracts me to this one is the actual size of the instrument. So natural to play.

Kingbass Mk1 for its compact size, hifi sound, sheer playability and 'flash visuals' (it's got lights!).
I also bought a Matrix Series 1 on the 'bay for £450 as a beater, but this has since become my goto 'rock' bass - dual jazz pickups give it a huge open sound and punchy growl, and the thing is so light I sometimes forget I'm wearing it ...

[quote name='martthebass' post='879797' date='Jun 28 2010, 01:00 PM']Just the Streamline for me Rich (but you already know that). Would love a Stealth at some point tho.[/quote]

Nice to see you again the other day, mate - I'll mention your wish for a Stealth to the Status gods of Val-Colchester-halla. Maybe they will be feeling generous?! :)

Just down to my Pearl blue 3000 these days, altho it does have a series II circuit in it.
Used to have a series 2000 V as well, One of the first few made in late '89 (circuit switch & green L.E.D) built it for myself when i worked for Rob. Sadly sold it back in '93 ( doh! ).
Would love to track my old 2000 down or a nice series II 5 string......

I used to have a wood necked S1 5 string like Rich's, but without the fancy top. It was a really nice bass, had a lot of growl and a real bargain. I also had a lovely S2 classic which in hindsight I wish I still had, I bet it would sound immense through my current amp. Never really liked it paired with my old Markbass though.

I'll probably own another Status one day... I don't think I've ever played a better built bass than the S2.

I prefer the headed versions with the slightly longer scale length, I guess I like more traditional looking basses....

I got my Series 1 after it was reviewed in Guitarist Magazine in '93, tried it at the Bass Centre and just loved the feel of the neck and the huge sound even though I wasn't particularly keen on the shape. Wanted a 5 string fretless version but they only had a 6, then later got a wooden neck Energy 5. The shape has really grown on me now, like the extra strap button so they don't fall over when you lean them against a wall.

Picked up an S2 Classic bolt-on 5 a couple of weeks ago, feels like my old basses but has a different character and loads of different usable tones.

Saw some fine basses at the London Bass Bash a couple of days ago but I think I'll be sticking with the Statii!

Edited by Fat Rich