Why become a member? ×

Need a battery clip adapter for my PSU

1976fenderhead

I need one of those, and also a male to male cable, standard Boss tips, like the ones you get with the Maplin brick for example... Any advice on where to get them? Music Ground in London used to have a bucket full of those, now, not even 1! Maplin doesn't have them either...

Edited by 1976fenderhead

[quote name='umcoo' post='8906' date='May 29 2007, 11:48 PM'][url="http://www.diago.co.uk/component/page,shop.browse/category_id,3/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,206/"]http://www.diago.co.uk/component/page,shop...art/Itemid,206/[/url]

like these?[/quote]

Thx, yeah, I found that after I posted, will probably order from there, but I really need one of those cables that come with power bricks too, with 2 equal plugs on both ends, can't find it anywhere... Does anyone have an extra cable of those that could sell to me?

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='8930' date='May 30 2007, 12:49 AM']Thx, yeah, I found that after I posted, will probably order from there, but I really need one of those cables that come with power bricks too, with 2 equal plugs on both ends, can't find it anywhere... Does anyone have an extra cable of those that could sell to me?[/quote]

You need to speak to our very own OBBM. His website is [url="http://www.bassic.co.uk/"]http://www.bassic.co.uk/[/url], he can make all sorts of quality cables for you.

I've had a lot of trouble finding simple male to male connectors as well. You'd think that you could pick them up all over the place, but I've only ever found daisy chain types. I've considered OBBM before but, though undoubtedly quality, they do work out quite expensive.

[quote name='Musky' post='9002' date='May 30 2007, 09:21 AM']I've had a lot of trouble finding simple male to male connectors as well. You'd think that you could pick them up all over the place, but I've only ever found daisy chain types. I've considered OBBM before but, though undoubtedly quality, they do work out quite expensive.[/quote]

Have you asked?

[quote name='Toasted' post='9142' date='May 30 2007, 01:06 PM']OBBM doesn't make the cheapest cables - but he does make the highest quality that I've seen.

I've not seen a speakon connector for sale at any price that is as good as the one he made me for IIRC about £20.[/quote]

Actually the 1-metre Speakon to Speakon are now about 25% less than that even taking postage into account.

Anyway what would you pay for a dc cable?

Edited by obbm

[quote name='obbm' post='9171' date='May 30 2007, 01:33 PM']Anyway what would you pay for a dc cable?[/quote]

I don't see a need for a male to male DC cable in my setup but if I needed one I'd suggest £4 - £6 would seem fair?

It's your business - so set your prices how you feel, Dave. That's what I do with mine!! :)

Joe.

I bought one of Dave's adaptors off TaySte for the same price as new as he'd hardly used it, and the quality is fantastic. Never had a probelm. Not to mention Dave has done some astounding work on my Mu-Tron for me. He's a top, top bloke and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything off him if I needed it!

[quote name='Toasted' post='14880' date='Jun 10 2007, 12:44 AM']Now there's a question to ask.[/quote]

Ahh, but you don't know what I know :)

I built a 9V to +9/0/-9V adaptor to go in it, so it'll run off a standard Boss type supply.

Andy

Edited by Alien