Why become a member? ×

Manson Superspike

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

Hey all

In case anyone was looking for a replacement spike I would like to recomend Manson Superspikes, I orderd mine a few days ago custom made to my specs (extra length) and it arrived next day, they have a super hard/sharp tip and a very sturdy screw on boot that you can have your name stamped onto, very competetive price too, check them out here [url="http://www.superspikes.co.uk/index.html"]http://www.superspikes.co.uk/index.html[/url]

I'm not endorsed at all, I just really like them and I think word of such great service should be spread.
My original spike wasn't quite long enough, I'm, 6'3" so I'm really chuffed to finally have my bass at the correct height.

Marti

Hello Marti,

I've been considering getting a new endpin / spike. Looks very interesting. Will be giving them a ring soon to discuss my requirements.

Btw, did you keep the original endpin/bridge retainer when you fitted the superspike?

Wil

Guest subaudio

[quote name='zero9' post='98101' date='Dec 3 2007, 01:33 PM']Hello Marti,

I've been considering getting a new endpin / spike. Looks very interesting. Will be giving them a ring soon to discuss my requirements.

Btw, did you keep the original endpin/bridge retainer when you fitted the superspike?

Wil[/quote]

Hi Will

All you need to do is measure the diameter of your old spike and they will make a new one to fit you existing retainer.

To fit, if you can't fully remove the old spike, extend is as far as you can and saw through it, push the remainder back into the body and fish it out with a magnet on some string through the F hole, and pop your new spike in.
It took me about a minute.

Give them a ring and I'm shure they'll answer all your questions.

Marti

• 1 month later...