Why become a member? ×

Zoom b2.1u .. Help taming the beast please..

OldGit

Hi

I have the Zoom B2.1u and I'd like to set up some simple effects on it but I can't see how I do it.

I'd like to have a channel that just has a wahwah. Just that, no amp modeling, no compressor, no other effects... as if I'd just added a wahwah footpedal in the chain. Likewise the flanger and octaver.
I'd also like to have the SVT model with each of these things added (on separate channels)

I can't see how to do it. Any clues?

Thanks
OG

Channels / presets /patches ? .. er Not sure what the correct term for them is but so that A7 has one effect and A8 has a diffferent one.

Guess I should RTFM, again, then :)

So it should allow me to turn everything off and then just add in the single effect?

I'll try again ...

Edited by OldGit

Well, they all start with effects programmed don't they, so you have to find a patch you want to edit, then turn the rotary knob to go through each "module" (i.e mod, amp, fx, eq etc) and turn them off using whatever it says in the manual. Then, to save the patch, press save (I think, it explains this too). Then you have a new patch!

There's no function to "clear" a patch, so that you can just add in what you want, although that would be useful!

[quote name='OldGit' post='98159' date='Dec 3 2007, 02:26 PM']Channels / presets /patches ? .. er Not sure what the correct term for them is but so that A7 has one effect and A8 has a diffferent one. ...[/quote]
In the Zoom's manual they are called "patch". :huh:

[quote name='OldGit' post='98159' date='Dec 3 2007, 02:26 PM']Guess I should RTFM, again, then :)[/quote]
It sounds a good plan :huh:

[quote name='OldGit' post='98159' date='Dec 3 2007, 02:26 PM']So it should allow me to turn everything off and then just add in the single effect?[/quote]
Yes but you cannot add directly a single effect on-the-fly. You can write a patch with a single effect and then to bypass the unit you can:

- write a patch with no effects and then switch between the two
- press the two foot switches at the same time (page 10)
- use an external switch (page 22, section 3 and page 34)
- or use an external bypass box or a line selector (e.g. Boss LS-2)

If create the patch with just one effect is what you want to achieve, it is described at page 14, section 2 of the user manual: "To switch an effect module on and off".

Good luck with the Zoom b2.1u - it is a great unit.

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='98189' date='Dec 3 2007, 03:17 PM']In the Zoom's manual they are called "patch". :huh:

It sounds a good plan :huh:

Yes but you cannot add directly a single effect on-the-fly. You can write a patch with a single effect and then to bypass the unit you can:

- write a patch with no effects and then switch between the two
- press the two foot switches at the same time (page 10)
- use an external switch (page 22, section 3 and page 34)
- or use an external bypass box or a line selector (e.g. Boss LS-2)

If create the patch with just one effect is what you want to achieve, it is described at page 14, section 2 of the user manual: "To switch an effect module on and off".

Good luck with the Zoom b2.1u - it is a great unit.[/quote]

Hey thanks. That's very useful..
I'll get on the case

Tom:
Thanks mate, another good tip.
I wish they'd print a large print version of Bass Guitar Magazine too I have to keep my reading glasses by the toilet :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='98111' date='Dec 3 2007, 01:52 PM']Hi

I have the Zoom B2.1u and I'd like to set up some simple effects on it but I can't see how I do it.

I'd like to have a channel that just has a wahwah. Just that, no amp modeling, no compressor, no other effects... as if I'd just added a wahwah footpedal in the chain. Likewise the flanger and octaver.
I'd also like to have the SVT model with each of these things added (on separate channels)

I can't see how to do it. Any clues?

Thanks
OG[/quote]
It's almost exactly how I use my B2.1.u except I use the Tube model with other things added. Once you've sussed it out, it's really easy.. Good luck!

[quote name='metaltime' post='99873' date='Dec 5 2007, 09:47 PM']It took me ages to work mine out cause i read the manual wrong it was about to go out the window then i figured it out[/quote]

I guess that was almost where I was last week. But with the encouragement of the guys here I went back and read it again, and understood more.
Hopefully I've sussed it now.

How do Zoom do it for the money?