Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Titan V12

Chopthebass

Hi mate,

Never tried one myself, but I have tried the walkabout head which I believe has a similar tube tube/mosfet power arrangement and wasn't amazed by it, although through the walkabout cabinet I hear it is fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing if Mesa are going to replace the now discontinued 400+ and would be tempted to wait until this is announced before paying for a new Titan. Get yourself a good used 400+ in the meantime!

I have been tempted by the 400+ in the past, but always been a bit nervous about lugging round an amp that weighs as much as the moon. I'd be keen to see what the replacement is gonna be.

If I can get my new DB750 working reliably then I won't be looking, as it did sound lush (albeit for about 5 songs before it started making popping & spitting sounds!) I really like the weight of the sound from the DB750, and I guess that's the valve preamp doing its stuff?

In the meantime, I hope someone here has tried one. The reviews I've found online (from US) all say its the best thing on the planet.

Cheers

It might be the sound of the tube power amp you found so pleasurable on stage ;0)

I am not sure if the Titan is much lighter (certainly doesn't sound it, does it!) but I too would be very interested to hear comments about it.

Cheers!
ped