Why become a member? ×

Hartke - Whats better?

bassboy115

Im thinking about getting a 4x10 and a separate head instead of my ashdown 210 combo...

I was looking at hartke gear...im hoping to get the Hartke 3500 head and i was wondering...

whats the difference between the 410 transporter cab and the 4.5XL cab?
What is the better cab of the 2?
will i get about 250w out of the amp with either cab?

thanks
Alex

Edited by bassboy115

[quote name='bassboy115' post='99123' date='Dec 4 2007, 08:15 PM']Im thinking about getting a 4x10 and a separate head instead of my ashdown 210 combo...

I was looking at hartke gear...im hoping to get the Hartke 3500 head and i was wondering...

whats the difference between the 410 transporter cab and the 4.5XL cab?
What is the better cab of the 2?
will i get about 250w out of the amp with either cab?

thanks
Alex[/quote]

The Transporter has a lower power rating, no tweeter and the construction is less substantial than the 4.5xl, amongst other things. You can check the spec for yourself if you like.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='99137' date='Dec 4 2007, 08:26 PM']The Transporter has a lower power rating, no tweeter and the construction is less substantial than the 4.5xl, amongst other things. You can check the spec for yourself if you like.[/quote]

Absolutely. +1 etc etc... I have A/B'd the whole Hartke range pretty much. I would have to honestly say that the transporter, although a good cab is dwarfed by the shear guts of the 4.5XL. I even like it better than the 810XL

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='99137' date='Dec 4 2007, 08:26 PM']The Transporter has a lower power rating, no tweeter and the construction is less substantial than the 4.5xl, amongst other things. You can check the spec for yourself if you like.[/quote]

Ok thanks
I have and i just wanted some of you guys opinions on them.

thanks for all the replys

[quote name='steve-soar' post='99189' date='Dec 4 2007, 09:10 PM']The 4.5XL is a beast, the neighbours are getting a pettition together as I speak. I bought one last night and it nearly blew the windows out and that was with the amp at one third, I kid you not! :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Haha - I'm glad you're enjoying it Steve! Oh, and by the way, as well as watching your back whilst lugging it up and down the stairs, mind the missus' wall-paper an'all! :huh: good luck! :)

I use a Hartke Pro 2200 cab which is a 4 Ohm 2x12" using the same design speakers from their XL line. I think the XLs have bigger voice coils or something, all I really need to know is that they sound head and shoulders above the cheaper Transporters. They are heavy, but nothing a good set of caisters/wheels or a sack barrow can't make light work of.

I would hold off for a bit as Harkte are just about to release a new range of cabs called HyDrive which are supposed to marry the benefits of hybrid Aluminium and paper cones with Neodymium magnet technology. If the pricing model matches their current lines, then i'll be straight out for my first 8x10 ^_^

[quote name='The Funk' post='101925' date='Dec 9 2007, 10:31 PM']I used to have a Hartke 2.5XL and a Hartke 115XL. Nice combination of cabs. Used to run them with a Gallien-Krueger 400RB, then later through a Warwick Quadruplet preamp through a QSC RMX850.

My favourite 'normal' cab is the Hartke 2.5XL.[/quote]

I bought the Hartke 2.5XL and Hartke 115XK from "The Funk" and they sound MASSIVE !
I had the Transporter 2x10 and 1x15 cabs for years before that and they were brilliant, but the XL range is far better. I've always used a Hartke HA3500 amp that has been super reliable.
Although I seem to be swapping basses every 5 minutes, my Harke amplification is another matter, it's super reliable always performs no matter what the venue.