Why become a member? ×

'Take it away' promotion by the arts council.....

The Burpster

I thought this was too good to be true, but aparently it is true....

[url="http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/takeitaway/index.php"]http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/takeitaway/index.php[/url]

Intrest free loans up to £2000 for musical stuff...... Just in time for christmas too. Those thinking of getting a youngster an instrument.... get them a good one and use this scheme while they have it on.....

I beleive I will be getting my Mesa 2x10 from PMT in the new year now.....

If someone that knows them would like to ask the Gallery if they want to sign up (they can do if they wish) I'm sure bewteen up we could shift some of their stock!

[quote name='The Burpster' post='99124' date='Dec 4 2007, 08:16 PM']I thought this was too good to be true, but aparently it is true....

[url="http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/takeitaway/index.php"]http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/takeitaway/index.php[/url]

Intrest free loans up to £2000 for musical stuff...... Just in time for christmas too. Those thinking of getting a youngster an instrument.... get them a good one and use this scheme while they have it on.....

I beleive I will be getting my Mesa 2x10 from PMT in the new year now.....

If someone that knows them would like to ask the Gallery if they want to sign up (they can do if they wish) I'm sure bewteen up we could shift some of their stock![/quote]

Yeah I've seen that. I'd rather they put money and effort into events for people to play: We used to have a yearly one which was kind of everyone's high point for the summer. Then they stopped it and nothing has replaced it.

[quote]Yeah I've seen that. I'd rather they put money and effort into events for people to play: We used to have a yearly one which was kind of everyone's high point for the summer. Then they stopped it and nothing has replaced it.[/quote]
I would guess that was either a licence thing or they lost the organiser.

Having a person or a few people who keep pushing things and keep the scene moving are the only way most local music scenes get by. You just need one or two people to move away or give up on it and it falls apart. Usually if you have the will you can get funding from somewhere.

[quote name='Breakfast' post='99175' date='Dec 4 2007, 09:00 PM']I would guess that was either a licence thing or they lost the organiser.

Having a person or a few people who keep pushing things and keep the scene moving are the only way most local music scenes get by. You just need one or two people to move away or give up on it and it falls apart. Usually if you have the will you can get funding from somewhere.[/quote]

Nope it was council run. They cancelled it to put 'funding into other areas'. God knows what they were; bring medway it probably went on erecting a bunch of anti-pikey bollards.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='99375' date='Dec 5 2007, 09:35 AM']Noted, but IMO this is a great way to get folks (especially youngsters, and those of low incomes) playing.

And lets use it, so that its not another idea that was washed over.[/quote]

Not really. It says over 18s. They'vwe missed a trick. If they said over 14s, then it would be an opportunity to get teenagers playing a musical instrument and, hopefully, spending their evenings woodshedding in their bedrooms rather than inhaling solvents, fornicating in alley ways outside McDonalds and physically assaulting pensioners***

*** I know for a fact that all teenagers do these things because I have read it in the Daily Express.

[quote name='Machines' post='99381' date='Dec 5 2007, 09:50 AM']Wow - I am eligible for this.. and PMT isn't far away.. must... resist...[/quote]

I KNOW exactly what you mean... Although I'm not sure I will be able to..... :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='99446' date='Dec 5 2007, 11:27 AM']up too 2000, i guess for more expensive stuff like violins and so on you could loan 2000. I guess for something as reliviely cheap as a bass you wouldnt be able to loan as much.[/quote]

WHAT? are you being serious? I could easily spend 2k on bass stuff in one outing.... besides it includes amps, effects... infact pretty much all we use except PA equipment....

[quote name='The Burpster' post='99465' date='Dec 5 2007, 11:46 AM']WHAT? are you being serious? I could easily spend 2k on bass stuff in one outing.... besides it includes amps, effects... infact pretty much all we use except PA equipment....[/quote]

I think most of us could easily spend 2k on ONE BASS in an outing!

I completely forgot about this offer and really need a fretted bass for some gigs coming up.

But in a JJ version from PMT.

I love the pimped out gold and it would be great for the R&B/HipHop/Pop gigs.

Hell, prince may even give me a gig because of that finish.

To be honest its gonna be brilliant for people likeme working a weekend job whilst in college. Get me mam to do it, ill pay her back monthly and she pays it on again.

However i cant seem to find anything to say who is actually allowed to apply, im sure there will be a maximum income or something?

[quote name='Buzz' post='99898' date='Dec 5 2007, 10:30 PM']That's bloody lovely, and I normally dislike gold insturments, but the pattern really breaks it up from solid gold and makes it look lush.[/quote]

Same here...I hated it when I first saw it. Went back into PMT and realised deep down that I thought it was the coolest JJ bass I have seen and would definately look and sound great for function gigs. Not so sure about all my jazz gigs though!

[quote name='ste_m3' post='99944' date='Dec 6 2007, 12:55 AM']However i cant seem to find anything to say who is actually allowed to apply, im sure there will be a maximum income or something?[/quote]

A maximum income cannot be proven (or disproven). I could just say I don't have a job.. the application for it is done in-store.

• 3 weeks later...