Why become a member? ×

Bass DI

Joshbasscana

So Im looking at getting a new Bass DI - im wanting to have a clean signal from my bongo bass going into the DI. I need a signal to go from the DI to the desk but also another signal to go through my effects and into my amp. So do I need a decent DI with parellel outputs?
Im looking at the Radial Engineering passive DI as well as the sansamp (although ive heard rumours the sansamp just gives your bass all bass and treble)
Any help tips would be most grateful! Im looking at anything from as cheap as chips to £150ish
Thanks!

Joshbasscana

[quote name='Joshbasscana' post='100094' date='Dec 6 2007, 11:49 AM']So Im looking at getting a new Bass DI - im wanting to have a clean signal from my bongo bass going into the DI. I need a signal to go from the DI to the desk but also another signal to go through my effects and into my amp. So do I need a decent DI with parellel outputs?
Im looking at the Radial Engineering passive DI as well as the sansamp (although ive heard rumours the sansamp just gives your bass all bass and treble)
Any help tips would be most grateful! Im looking at anything from as cheap as chips to £150ish
Thanks!

Joshbasscana[/quote]
Hi Josh,

Cheap as chips would be Behringer BDI21. Some say output levels are a bit low, but I found the same with Sansamp. Having said that, it works fine for me - I like to combine it with mic'd sound.
If you don't like it you can always flog it again on ebay, with litle loss.

Cheers

[quote name='BassBod' post='100136' date='Dec 6 2007, 12:34 PM']If its a straight signal from an active bass, look for the Radial Pro DI (without the costly Jensen transformer). The Sansamp is also great, but doesn't sound like you need the amp emulation features?

BB[/quote]

I dont think i need the amp simulation/false SVT sound as I will be getting that from my amp as well as the DI. A friend of mine has recommended the BSS AR-133. Anyone come across this? How much roughly is the radial DI without the jensen trnasformer?

JBC