Why become a member? ×

yamaha NE-1 : what is it?is it useful?

fede162162

hi guys! i'm thinking to buy the amazing Audere JZ3 for my custom jazz bass in the next days. i have this needing because now i play in a pop band in which i have to shift among thousands of styles and sounds!! before buying Audere El. i want to know more about this strange box. in Italy isn't popular,nobody can tell me anything about it. Who is the bass player who needs this box? with an Audere JZ3 the Yamaha NE-1 becomes unuseful?or viceversa?

I haven't used mine in a long time but its basically a preamp from a Yamaha custom bass in a little box. I would say its aimed more at cutting mid from your tone.

I bought mine since I didn't have a very good bass or amp and it beefed everything out a little. Its easy to use and doesnt take a long time to find a nice sound from it.

But I dont think Yamaha make them anymore so not sure of prices or how easy they are to find.

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='100459' date='Dec 6 2007, 08:30 PM']I haven't used mine in a long time but its basically a preamp from a Yamaha custom bass in a little box. I would say its aimed more at cutting mid from your tone.

I bought mine since I didn't have a very good bass or amp and it beefed everything out a little. Its easy to use and doesnt take a long time to find a nice sound from it.

But I dont think Yamaha make them anymore so not sure of prices or how easy they are to find.[/quote]

in italy i find it new at 70 euro,used something like 40-50.

you've said "i didn't have a very good bass or amp". but what about now?do you have good bass and amp?if yes,do you still use your yamaha NE-1?

There was one on the for sale section not to long ago. I dont remember the price.

I think ive got a nice enough rig now and for the sound I can get from it all, the NE-1 just doesn't fit anymore. If I was still using it in my signal chain it would be a space on my board I could fill with something else.

If your looking for something to give you a lot of tonal options then I would say its a great piece of kit and worth having if you can find it cheap enough.