Why become a member? ×

I was looking at one of these in the Bass Cellar a few months ago. I asked the assistant if it was possible to plug it into a Mark Bass combo that was being used as a boot scraper near the shop door. After being spat at and being told about my mothers infidelities by the young swamp donkey, I was passed this "Gabriels Harp" from the window display.
It felt a little heavy and had a touch of neck dive, sharp fret ends and the lower horn stuck in my town halls but as soon as I started to play "Yellow Submarine" a dazzling light blasted from the neck humbucker down the length of the shop, hit the scratchplate of a Musicman Sub bass (on sale for £9,795, as it was the last one in existence) and then the returning beam blasted me right in the eyes.
I was blinking for a few moments and could see green facsimilies of Musicman scratchplates every time I closed my eyes, then something wonderful happened.
I had the smell of a pine forest in my mind, the hustle and bustle of Denmark Street dissolved away into a gentle rustling of leaves and I felt a genuine oneness with God. My life had changed forever.

I cut my left testicle off with a Planet Waves string cutting tool, put it on the counter and walked the 200 miles, home to Birkenhead with my celestial purchase.

I got bored of the tone and put some Barts and an East in it, later on selling it to Cash Converters for crack and Special brew.

Good luck with the sale. :)

Sorry guys, I must have been mad to put this up. Got home, plugged it in and it was just like coming home. And plugging it in. It's a keeper.

I've had to move a lot of stuff on recently - the workhorse Fender P, a natural J (R/N neck) and an old Commer van we used to shift the &peg rig.

So, regretfully, I'm going to have to withdraw the .

Thanks for all the PM's

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='907376' date='Jul 27 2010, 05:41 PM']Sorry guys, I must have been mad to put this up. Got home, plugged it in and it was just like coming home. And plugging it in. It's a keeper.

I've had to move a lot of stuff on recently - the workhorse Fender P, a natural J (R/N neck) and an old Commer van we used to shift the &peg rig.

Thanks for all the PM's[/quote]

Glad you decided to keep her, I thought you'd regret selling it, I have a red one, I'd never get rid of it.

Is that one short-scale though, mine seems bigger.

[color="#FF0000"][size=7].[/size][/color]

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='907376' date='Jul 27 2010, 05:41 PM']Sorry guys, I must have been mad to put this up. Got home, plugged it in and it was just like coming home. And plugging it in. It's a keeper.

Thanks for all the PM's[/quote]

Only just noticed the thread. Damn shame I've been looking for one for a while now and yours looks to be in perfect condition. Early withdrawal is always a little disappointing, never mind.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='907622' date='Jul 27 2010, 09:43 PM']Is that one short-scale though, mine seems bigger.
[color="#FF0000"][size=7].[/size][/color][/quote]
Yeah, looking at it, mine's probably a hybrid scale length. Not quite short-scale, but not long enough to be normal either.

[quote][b]Marvin[/b]: Early withdrawal is always a little disappointing, never mind.[/quote]
Just what I was saying to Carlo, the peachy bubble-butt who used to work at Island records.