Why become a member? ×

Thinking for changing... advise please

Timface

Hey

I am currently using a ABM500 in a 4u rack head with a compressor and a DHA RC unit and 2x410's
I am thinking for changing... my reasons for this are.. My new band a 3 piece is gigging alot at the moment and we have limited transport... SO I DO NOT want to compremise on the wattage as I do really need something around the 500w mark in a three piece but what amps/combos/cabs/heads are there available that are abit more transportable??

Thanks TIMFACE

Ditch the 2 4x10's and get yourself a Schroeder 410L at 4 ohms, you won't notice the difference.
And I'm only guessing but I reckon a host of BC'ers are going to suggest a Mark Bass Little Mark II. Haven't heard one myself but lightweight and apparently a very good amp for it's size. I'd stick with the Ashdown though ;0)

[quote]Ditch the 2 4x10's and get yourself a Schroeder 410L at 4 ohms, you won't notice the difference.
And I'm only guessing but I reckon a host of BC'ers are going to suggest a Mark Bass Little Mark II. Haven't heard one myself but lightweight and apparently a very good amp for it's size. I'd stick with the Ashdown though ;0)[/quote]

I would like to keep the ashdown but do you know how hard it is getting them into a 206 every night!!! lol

[quote name='largo' post='101831' date='Dec 9 2007, 06:48 PM']Ditch the 2 4x10's and get yourself a Schroeder 410L at 4 ohms, you won't notice the difference.
And I'm only guessing but I reckon a host of BC'ers are going to suggest a Mark Bass Little Mark II. Haven't heard one myself but lightweight and apparently a very good amp for it's size. I'd stick with the Ashdown though ;0)[/quote]

+1 for t shroeder...amazing cab! I#d recommedn teh LM F1....very light and powerful and sounds great with the as it has a bit more extended low and high end compared to the LMKII.