Why become a member? ×

amp cuts out

ian

Hi im looking for some help .i have a ebs hd350.and latley just cuts off then comes back on.the power stays on so i know its not a power fault .its not the bass because i have checked everything out on the bass.it still goes to the linked tuner but nothing to the pa or my cab any ideas please thanks ian

Unless it is a fault, it's probably the protection circuits kicking-in (likely because it 'sees' a short-circuit).
Eliminate the speaker lead first (worth having a spare if you don't have one anyway), then the only other possibility would be a speaker drive unit is shorting out intermittently (it could happen...)

All this is quesswork, but I'd be surprised if EBS *don't* have short-circuit protection/monitoring...

[quote name='ian' post='102195' date='Dec 10 2007, 03:33 PM']Hi im looking for some help .i have a ebs hd350.and latley just cuts off then comes back on.the power stays on so i know its not a power fault .its not the bass because i have checked everything out on the bass.it still goes to the linked tuner but nothing to the pa or my cab any ideas please thanks ian[/quote]

Its all guesswork without seeing the amp and having right tools. But, the protection circuit ideas above are a good starting point.

dave