Why become a member? ×

Closed or Open Headphones

mothra

Hi all

Probably a stupid question, but I was hoping someone could explain to me the difference (benefit or otherwise) of closed versus open headphones. Also appreciated would be any recommendations for <£30 headphones that suit that down low vibe : )

Cheers

If you're using them for recording etc. you want closed,mainly cos they shut out outside stuff better and are more comfortable to wear for long periods.
I've had Sennheiser hd 25s for about 7-8 years now and they're excellent as well as being completely modular (you can even buy just the ear cushions) More expensive but good quality long lasting and very robust.price varies though from £110 ish to £170 ish so shop around if you go for them.

[quote name='mothra' post='103043' date='Dec 12 2007, 07:10 AM']Hi all

Probably a stupid question, but I was hoping someone could explain to me the difference (benefit or otherwise) of closed versus open headphones. Also appreciated would be any recommendations for <£30 headphones that suit that down low vibe : )

Cheers[/quote]

[quote name='mothra' post='103043' date='Dec 12 2007, 07:10 AM']Hi all

Cheers[/quote]

I too would be glad to hear if there's such a thing as <£30 cans that don't rattle with bass.

Anything in-ear?