Why become a member? ×

Good to be back

Willl

Willl, previously Willl on BT and BW.
Great to see a good level of support and activity here.

I'm a born again bass player having played at school then forgot all about it at the advent of cars and girls... so here I am 20 something years and four children later.... recently been having a ball for the last year or so playing in a covers band and with enough money to buy the gear I always just dreamt of having last time round. I have more enthusiasm than skill and keep promising myself to knuckle down and get some lessons... soon.
We play probably every other weekend at typically 30ths and 40ths, wedding receptions, fundraisers and some pub gigs
Managed to accumulate some gear over the years, some new, some original including a Peavey foundation 4 US made probably a mid 80s bass which other than a limited range of tonal possibilities (just the one) is still good to play, more recently picked up Gwylim's Yahama TRB5P and Beedie's Modulus Sonic Hammer and an Ibanez SR1200. The Sonic Hammer is the mainstay which comes out every time.
Amps incldue an old pratice peavey TKO80 US built which must find a new home soon to make space for a Roland CubeBass100 coming down from Nottswarwick. The gig gear is Trace Elliot AH300-12 on top of either 2 Warwick 411Pros or one of those and an 18inch Trace cab. Been playing around with a sennheiser wireless set up which is great, so I don't trip over my wires...
Haven't ever quite sorted what I wanted from effects so ended up buying a coverall Boss GT6B, and in spite of it having a million and one effects I find I use only two or three. It's got to be close to leaving soon.

The biggest kick I get from playing is to see a crowd really enjoying themselves, regardless of whether I think I'm playing something worthy or fancy.

[quote name='Willl' post='9445' date='May 30 2007, 08:34 PM']The biggest kick I get from playing is to see a crowd really enjoying themselves, regardless of whether I think I'm playing something worthy or fancy.[/quote]

+1 to that. Welcome to the boards