Why become a member? ×

Trace 2x10

Sparky

Anyone know if Trace Elliot made a 2x10 cab equivalent to the 2103H but without the horn? Bought an old (think pre Gibson and Peavey - pimple textured vinyl covering) 2103H for £100 and might want a second one to pair with it (but maybe slightly smaller - without the horn?) for a similar price... anyone know what I'm looking for - model - how old etc? ta.

Edited by Sparky

[quote name='dangerboy' post='103328' date='Dec 12 2007, 03:59 PM']Is it safe to say you like the cab then, Sparky? ;-)[/quote]
haha! there you are! yes steve! i like the cab! wasn't a problem carrying it up my stairs either! still umming and ahhing whether to complete a hartke cab setup with a 2.5XL or whether to complete a trace setup with another TE2x10 (but without the horn!)... this is how the rig looks right now!
[attachment=4105:DSC00106.JPG]
frankinstein rig! i'm still deciding which i like more... the hartke sounds bright and responsive (my hartke rig is all i've ever known - just sold the 4.5XL cause it was too big).. but the trace sounds smooth and warm! i might just have to wait and see which comes up first at the right price and let fate decide!

[quote name='Sparky' post='103264' date='Dec 12 2007, 02:46 PM']Anyone know if Trace Elliot made a 2x10 cab equivalent to the 2103H but without the horn? Bought an old (think pre Gibson and Peavey - pimple textured vinyl covering) 2103H for £100 and might want a second one to pair with it (but maybe slightly smaller - without the horn?) for a similar price... anyone know what I'm looking for - model - how old etc? ta.[/quote]

There have been numerous 2x10 Trace cabinets.

2102, 2x10", 200-watt, 8-ohm, Multi-stack series, wedge shaped

2102, 2x10", 200-watt, 8-ohm, same size as 2103H

2103, 2 x10", 200-watt, 8-ohm

2103H, 2x10" + horn, 200-watt, 8-ohm

2103X 2x10" + 2x5" 200-watt, 8-ohm

2104, 2 x10", 200-watt, 4-ohm

2104H, 2x10" + horn, 300-watt, 4-ohm

[quote name='Sparky' post='103327' date='Dec 12 2007, 03:59 PM']this is what i have already. did trace make a version without the horn during the same period? sorry if you've answered already warwickhunt and i've misunderstood your reply.
[attachment=4104:100Quid_TE_2103H.jpg][/quote]

Sorry I wasn't a bit clearer! OBBM has identified the model that I had; 2103X 2x10" + 2x5" (many moons ago since I saw/used one so I thought they were 6") 200-watt, 8-ohm. I'd recommend that model as the 5"s add something but never sounded to brittle or harsh. I remember M King at the time was gigging with a rig consisting of multiples of this cab (we won't hold that against it :) )

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='103395' date='Dec 12 2007, 05:04 PM']Sorry I wasn't a bit clearer! OBBM has identified the model that I had; 2103X 2x10" + 2x5" (many moons ago since I saw/used one so I thought they were 6") 200-watt, 8-ohm. I'd recommend that model as the 5"s add something but never sounded to brittle or harsh. I remember M King at the time was gigging with a rig consisting of multiples of this cab (we won't hold that against it :) )[/quote]
Thanks warwickhunt... just keeping an eye out at the moment.. like i said - still umming and ahhing about hartke xl cab setup vs. trace cab setup! thanks for your help! :huh: when i finally get it sorted i'll post again! - a lot of people have helped me on my journey (i joined basschat for the sole purpose of getting some advice on swapping from a 4x10 which was too big to two 2x10's... so i'm 3/4 way there - i have two 2x10's but they don't match!