Why become a member? ×

Worrying a little bit.

Brandonh

[quote name='martthebass' post='10058' date='May 31 2007, 05:56 PM']I've always wanted to be able to do good 'slap n pull. Can't do it. Watched the vids...no help. Same with tapping, it sounds good (in the right context) but alas not for me.
To compensate I have developed 'reasonable' finger technique and happily play most music styles where this technique suites. It would be nice to be able to 'impress' at Jamnights, but for every person who thought 'whooyarr' there would be one who thought T***pot.[/quote]

MB1. :)

You cant please all of the people all of the time.dont let that put you off trying!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='10071' date='May 31 2007, 06:29 PM']Bootsy slaps I'm afraid.[/quote]

Heh, I must have repressed that.

I know him for his fingerstyle funk. - He's one of the best in my opinion as well.

"Bootsy is one of the kings of funk. His approach is minimal, not flashy, but he knows how to add just the right emphasis to make people move."

-Wheat on Bootsy's playing with James Brown on the JB CD.

[quote name='paul, the' post='10204' date='May 31 2007, 09:27 PM']Heh, I must have repressed that.
I know him for his fingerstyle funk. - He's one of the best in my opinion as well.

"Bootsy is one of the kings of funk. His approach is minimal, not flashy, but he knows how to add just the right emphasis to make people move."

-Wheat on Bootsy's playing with James Brown on the JB CD.[/quote]
Obviously a quote from before Bootsy discovered "space bass" :)