Why become a member? ×

what lead?

Dread Bass

Hi

After buying a new cabinet and head i now am looking towards upgrading my leads so what does everyone use? i have been looking at monster and george ls but am struggling to find somwhere to order them from.

Id like a new instrument cable a speakon to speakon amp to cab cable and maybe some for my effects loop

So what do you use? and where can i get them

thanks
Andrew

Awww that's easy! Save yourself a bundle and get some of the best leads around! Custom lengths too. Watch how many +1's my post will get when I recommend our very own Dave 'OBBM' Polgaze.

He makes leads to order.. Speaker/ Instrument / Patch.. pretty much whatever you need. Competitive prices too!

Yup That's a +1 from me too. I've had several non standard leads from Dave and normal ones too.

Also I have some George L's from before I was saved by OBBM and they are weird thin "stiff" things. Fine for connecting wireless to head, but I'd not use one for bass to amp for stage/walking about as you can't kick them out of the way like a regular monster.

Oh and as I've just had a lesson from OBBM on the difference bettween speaker cables and bass leads , you should not use a guitar cable to connect your speacker cab. They don't do it very well.
You need a speaker cable.

[quote name='dood' post='9472' date='May 30 2007, 09:07 PM']Awww that's easy! Save yourself a bundle and get some of the best leads around! Custom lengths too. Watch how many +1's my post will get when I recommend our very own Dave 'OBBM' Polgaze.

He makes leads to order.. Speaker/ Instrument / Patch.. pretty much whatever you need. Competitive prices too![/quote]
+1
that's for my personal kit
+1
that's for the stuff he's made for my venue
+1
For the fantastic service
+1
cos he's a really, really nice bloke to deal with
+1
for the speed of service
+1
cos you can show off that you have your leads custom made

i just received a jack to jack speaker lead off dave and it is fat. i mean its awsome. i feel totally confident using it rather than a skinny speaker lead that you buy from a music shop. when ever i need new instrument cables OBBM is the man for it.

[quote name='metaltime' post='10676' date='Jun 1 2007, 06:01 PM']took everyones advice and went with obbm

i have ordered a bass to amp cable with one of those mute guys and a speaker to amp cable

so i will let you no what i think wen i get them but i dont think i will be disapointed[/quote]

Ah the Neutrik muting jacks! Yup I have some of them. Excellent, especially when attached to Van Damme cable that Dave uses.

my lead arrived

fast delivery all working and what a difference in sound the bast way i can describe it is fuller i guess.

Ive got to go to work now but just thought id let you no how pleased i am and thank you for the advice.

I will have to give them a proper try tomoro as im at work till eleven