Why become a member? ×

HELP! Rear Rack Panel

GoldingBass

Please Please Help!!! A complete newbie to amps and wiring!

ive got a samson wireless but i want to have everything wired in the rear of my rack.. but the only way i can get it working is plugging it into the front input which i dont want!!!! any tech heads out there that can help me wire it up. plus a basspod xt pro.... which way is best linking it all together??? any help would be most appreciated!

Take the output of the wireless and plug it into the 'line input' of the XT. If you have a look in the manual of the POD, you will find a section that enables you to switch the input to the back of the unit, using the small button on the right hand side of the front of the POD.

My suggestion would then to come out of the POD's 'Model' 1/4" output and into the Amp below. My preferred method would be straight into the return of the effects loop. thus negating the need for the amp's preamp altogether. Seems a bit pointless when the POD is full of tastey preamps! - but thats my own opinion.

If you want more suggestions how to hook everything up, I'd grab a good cup of coffee and read the POD manual from front to back!

Oh and whilst I think about it, there are different modes that the POD uses, depending on what you are connecting to. Make sure you are in the right mode, to get the best out of it! - The POD isn't really a 'plug in and go' straight away.. it needs a little tweaking before it turns into a bass monster!

What Dood said!

But I'd add it depends on whether you want to use your main amp's EQ or whether you want to use the EQ and amp modelling in the Line6 (which would bypass the amp's preamp & EQ so no quick tweaking at gigs!). If it's the former you've no choice but to run a cable to the front of your amp so that the signal goes through it's preamp/EQ section. I did something similar in my rack set up, I had to bend the corner of my rack so that a cable would fit through to plug into the front. I used a right angle jack for neatness so it sat flush with the front of the amp. See the pic where I've ringed the bit I bent (although the cable isn't in the photo you'll see what I mean). Apologies for the poor quality of the image.

If you go with using the Line6 for all your tone shaping I'd start with the Eff.Mix at minimum and turn it up until either it distorts or it's at max, whichever occurs first just to be safe. Bear in mind that the patch levels you set in the Line6 may need to be pretty constant. If you set one up that's much louder than others it might overload the effect return level you just set above.

Steve.

Edited by stevebasshead