Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

funkgod

[quote name='adledman' post='1248270' date='May 28 2011, 02:39 PM']yew is not a wood you see very often on a bass but it looks bloody awesome! one of the nicest i have seen in a good while. i will have a wal one day! just not this day unfortunately.[/quote]

Yep bang on 10lb ish 5kg which is light for a wal i had a collection of 8 wals, this is one of the lightest ones i have had,

Again right, not many yew wood wals around, and there is some great detail on this that maks it very distinctive, you would spot it a mile away. no neck dive very comfy to play neck is slightly slimmer than my other fretted and my fretless ones.

[quote name='roonjuice' post='1248423' date='May 28 2011, 04:59 PM']u had 8 wals?
parden me but how/why???????????
:0)[/quote]

When i was collecting them i was picking them up for 500/ 700 !

Edited by funkgod

8!!! thats rude! i have had a lot of basses but a wal is still my top bucket list bass. i heard a band in the early 80`s with a fretless wal and it sounded out of this world. i didnt even play at the time but remember it standing out as an awesome sound. cant see this hanging around long as its very pretty and what with being overhauled recently its got to be as good as buying new. drool drool.
pray tell, what is the reason behind the dark one being the daddy?

Edited by adledman

[quote name='adledman' post='1248705' date='May 28 2011, 09:49 PM']8!!! thats rude! i have had a lot of basses but a wal is still my top bucket list bass. i heard a band in the early 80`s with a fretless wal and it sounded out of this world. i didnt even play at the time but remember it standing out as an awesome sound. cant see this hanging around long as its very pretty and what with being overhauled recently its got to be as good as buying new. drool drool.
pray tell, what is the reason behind the dark one being the daddy?[/quote]

The daddy, just because im so use to it, the action is ultra low without any clanking, the output is very high for some reason more than most i have tried but very solid sounding in the low mid.
so played tight with fingers produces instant "incognito" jamiq or "down to the bone" sounds with out studio gizmos, i dont know how many sound men and other bass players have asked if i use compression. as there is no woolyness at all and the sound cuts right through anything and the slappy sound will pin you to the back wall with out being too loud.
i think there are so many ways you can get your sound on a wal. for me the best way is to set the neck ( bass) pickup on about 3 so its deep but tight, then set the bridge (trebble) pick up full on 10, then just use the pickup selector pan pot between the two to act as a bass or trebble boost for each song, works a treat for me.

I know what u mean!
i was lucky when i got my single wal, (wendy) too. Bass with the most even output and tone string to string and fret to fret. sound engineers love it and regularly ask what comp im using!!!!!
I only use it in the studio though, and i use it in every studio session unless some one specifies i play a differant bass

god i love my wal!!!

I wish I had the cash - this is a lovely bass - I was looking for one for ages then two come along - TBH I prefer yours to the one I bought but this is always the case - you want what you don't have...

I've no doubt that this will go in no time at all...

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1259846' date='Jun 7 2011, 04:01 PM']Only 14 o's in "drooooooooooooool"?? I thought they might be more with this bass. :) :) :lol: :D :P[/quote]

And you actually counted them.
How sad.
Still a nice bass.

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Dave

thanks for the bumps the greek and drools dave,
al leave it till the weekend and if not gone by then sod it al keep it.
the greek can you post a pic of yours ?
dying to see it.

good advice for the day....
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

AGREE !!

Just keep it. You should never sell a treasured bass only to regret the rest of your days.

Good luck no matter what you decide.

More Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools

Dave