Why become a member? ×

Percy Jones solo

Annoying Twit

I really liked his sound and playing on the Brand X stuff - but when I finally got to see him play (10 -12 years ago?) it didn't sound like the same person. It only occurred to me recently that part of "the sound" I liked was his very good use of envelope filters on fretless - much more direct sound than most people use so it adds colour to the sound, without swamping it.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='935734' date='Aug 25 2010, 10:46 AM']What do basschatters think of this? Personally, I like Percy Jones' work with Brian Eno, but on checking this out, I just don't like it.[/quote]

I can appreciate it, improv jazz type stuff, wouldn't listen to it all day but it has it's place. I bet there are a lot of us wish people would pay to come and see us freeform noodle like that!

Is that an Ibanez he is playing? !!

Brendan

No specific tracks spring to mind - its been a loong time! There was a track called Noddy goes to Sweden..but can't remember if it had obvious env filter action. To be honest, I don't think I ever realized he used one at all, I just thought that was a sound you could get out of an old fretless Wal. Then I got one.