Why become a member? ×

New Practice Amp

funkypenguin

Hey people!

Im looking for a new practice amp, that i can also use at small gigs (i.e. jazz trio/quartet). my current amp is on its last legs so its time to splash out on something new.

Im after something that sounds round and warm (i dont like the harsh top end on my current small amp). Something reasonably portable would be good, and something that wont break the bank! looking at £200 - £300 at very most.

suggestions please folks!

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

My practice amp is the Marshall MB15, which in no way will be powerful enough, however they do a 30, a 60, and a 150 all of which are portable. They have a tube pre-amp, so have a nice warm sound. In the past I had the 4210 450 watt combo, and the 450 head with 4x10 cab as my live amps. Good thing abt the MB range, they have 2 channels, Modern, with Compressor, and Classic, with boostable gain, with the added feature of a Blend option, so you can have both at the same time. Some people on here don`t like them stating reliablity issues, but I`ve had three of the range now, with no problems at all.

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='937079' date='Aug 26 2010, 01:03 PM']ace, il look into both of those, see whats what :) any more suggestions for small amps people?[/quote]

Roland Bass Cube 100. Good sounds, reasonably small, louder than you'd think.