Why become a member? ×

FT feeler: Trace v-type 15 combo

Colledge

Well i'm being all indecisive.
I love the tone of my v-type combo, but my band is ridiculously loud and on mid sized venues up, i'm pushing the amp a bit hard as it it.
so i have 2 options, get an extension cab or go for my long term gas, a 4x10 with a terror bass.

so i'm putting this out there just as a feeler to see what my options are, cab wise i'm after a 1 cab solution, a 4x10 or loud 2x12 or similar.
head wise i'd like a terror bass (with a bit of cash your way) or a similar vintage voiced (preferably lightweight) head.

The amp is 280w @ 4 ohms with 2 tubes in the preamp (i think its 2 12ax7's) and it has a lovely creamy tube sound and can get pretty growly when you crank it, ridiculously loud for the size of it. But i'm sure you all know about these combos anyway.

i can put cash in if the right deal arrises.
cheers.

that was the initial plan, and i still might do that if one comes up but i'm having a bit of trouble finding one close to me and i'm thinking a single larger cab would be easier to transport, chances are that i'll still just get another cab, but ive put this out just to see some other options.

edit: actually, theres a perfect cab on ebay at the moment

Edited by Colledge