Why become a member? ×

Three live funk tracks with my band (video) - one bass solo and one of my own tunes...

urb

Thought you guys might enjoy some of this - I posted some stuff from my funk band the other day but I think this is better - first tune has quite a melodic solo from me - and the second tune is an original of mine called 'Push' the last one is the guitarist's tune called 'Carousel'.

Hope you dig it

Mike

Nice stuff there, Mike. Listening to it on crappy laptop speakers at the mo' which doesn't do the bass any justice, but I'll give it a serious listen when I get home and can push it through some decent speakers. But I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Cool :)

Ian

[quote name='Bottle' post='938843' date='Aug 28 2010, 03:47 PM']Nice stuff there, Mike. Listening to it on crappy laptop speakers at the mo' which doesn't do the bass any justice, but I'll give it a serious listen when I get home and can push it through some decent speakers. But I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Cool :)

Ian[/quote]

thanks dude glad you dug it

Mike

Really loving those tracks Mike - the bass solo is great. I really wish I could pull off a solo like that but would have no idea where to start!

Nice work.

Mark

[quote name='urb' post='938257' date='Aug 27 2010, 04:58 PM']Thought you guys might enjoy some of this - I posted some stuff from my funk band the other day but I think this is better - first tune has quite a melodic solo from me - and the second tune is an original of mine called 'Push' the last one is the guitarist's tune called 'Carousel'.

Hope you dig it

Mike[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='939770' date='Aug 30 2010, 08:19 AM']Really loving those tracks Mike - the bass solo is great. I really wish I could pull off a solo like that but would have no idea where to start!

Nice work.

Mark[/quote]

Thanks a lot Mark - in truth the solo I did was all about phrasing and not about chops, though I tried to squeeze a couple of those in as well :) - but as pretty much all the chords are minor it's mainly Dorian mode up and down half or whole steps, then it's a case of knowing how to play that all over the neck, which can take a while to get down...

Thanks for the positive feedback

Cheers

Mike