Why become a member? ×

To quit or not to quit?

starman

Good luck to you, mate. I'd just advise to make sure to give them some notice that you're looking elsewhere - if you leave suddenly, there's a good chance they'll think of you as being the bad guy in the situation, whereas if you give them some notice and explain to them why, there's a chance they might think about things, understand where they've gone wrong, and maybe improve themselves. Might seem obvious, but thought it was worth mentioning :)

[quote name='the_skezz' post='942916' date='Sep 2 2010, 01:46 AM']Good luck to you, mate. I'd just advise to make sure to give them some notice that you're looking elsewhere - if you leave suddenly, there's a good chance they'll think of you as being the bad guy in the situation, whereas if you give them some notice and explain to them why, there's a chance they might think about things, understand where they've gone wrong, and maybe improve themselves. Might seem obvious, but thought it was worth mentioning :)[/quote]

Good point Skezz, thanks for that!

[quote name='chris_b' post='941489' date='Aug 31 2010, 10:19 PM']It sounds to me like you need to find the best singer of the lot and build a new band around the two of you and leave the other losers behind.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. If you can find that many vocalists, surely you can find some other instrumentalists.

[quote name='chris_b' post='941489' date='Aug 31 2010, 10:19 PM']It sounds to me like you need to find the best singer of the lot and build a new band around the two of you and leave the other losers behind.[/quote]

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='941558' date='Aug 31 2010, 11:26 PM']walk away or talk to one of the singers about starting summet new.if its not fun why bother[/quote]

[quote name='JTUK' post='941572' date='Aug 31 2010, 11:39 PM']Do something positive with positive people.[/quote]

[quote name='Golchen' post='941773' date='Sep 1 2010, 10:03 AM']Your band sound like a bunch of douches. I'd go with the singer and form a new band.[/quote]

[quote name='KevB' post='941878' date='Sep 1 2010, 11:45 AM']If you think the new singer really has potential you could investigate starting a band with her and hire new guys around that project then you get to play the stuff you want. You say there aren't many band opportunities in your area but this might mean there are actually a lot of potential musicians waiting to be auditioned![/quote]

[quote name='xgsjx' post='941991' date='Sep 1 2010, 01:08 PM']As I read thru your post my thoughts was and are the same as many of the answers. Start your own band with your preferred singer.[/quote]

[quote name='toneknob' post='942001' date='Sep 1 2010, 01:11 PM']Sounds like your current bandmates are stopping the band progressing by their obstinate nature. You're doing all the work, so tell them it's their turn to look for a singer. Let them find someone suitable, and say you'll be ready when they are.

In the meantime, start up something new with the singer you've mentioned, who sounds positive, talented and flexible. If the other two band members answer your ads, make sure you include "The Pina Colada Song" as an audition piece.[/quote]

Sounds like a consensus developing here.. :)
Decent singers and bass players are always in demand - go for it!