Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 Electric Bass Guitar For Sale - Jetglo - MINT

blueechoes

Hello everyone:

I have reluctantly decided to put my Rickenbacker 4003 bass made in 2005 to help cover some home renovation costs. It is in absolutely pristine condition and comes with its hard shell case, and Shaller straplocks, but no case candy.

I am the second owner of this fine instrument, and as you can tell from the pictures attached, the bass is like new, with very liitle play time on it. Neither the first owner nor I played it much (I use my USA Precision almost exclusively). The neck, electronics, fingerboard, etc. are all in perfect condition. No buckle rash, no scratches, no dings. Just a stunning, low-action black beauty.

Here are the instrument's stock specs from the Rickenbacker website:

Body Type: Solid
No. Frets: 20
Scale Length: 84.5 cm (33 1/4'')
Neck Width at Nut: 42.9 mm (1 11/16'')
Neck Width at 12th Fret: 54.0 mm (2 1/8'')
Crown Radius: 25.4 cm (10'')
Body Wood: Maple
Neck Wood: Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
Weight: 4.1 kg (9.0 lbs.)
Overall Length: 113.8 cm (44 13/16'')
Overall Width: 34.3 cm (13 1/2'')
Overall Depth: 31.8 mm (1 1/4'')
Neck Binding: Yes
Fret Marker Style: Triangle
Tailpiece: RIC
Bridge: RIC
Neck Type: Through body
No. of Pickups: 2
Type of Pickups: Single Coil
Output Type: Mono and Stereo
Machine Heads: Schaller Deluxe

I've changed the pickguard to a an after-market one for that fantastic black on black look. The original white Rick pickguard will also be included (with the Made in USA sticker). Please note that a 4001 tortoise shell pickguard was installed by the previous owner, which resulted in two original screw holes being created under the guard (I trashed that guard when I bought the guitar). Neither of these holes can be seen now that the proper type of guard is on the bass. Other than that's it's completely stock, and it sports a new set of Rotosound Nexus 45-105s.

I am based out of Toronto, Canada, and am listing this in London first, as I lived in the UK for a year and know Ric 4003s are very hard to come by there. I'm asking 1500 pounds for the instrument, with the shipping costs at the responsibility of Buyer.

Please feel free to send me any questions you may have and I'll reply promptly.

Thanks for looking!