Why become a member? ×

Fender CIJ Fretless Jazz SOLD PENDING

guybrush threepwood

Crafted in Japan fretless jazz, non-export, 1962 reissue model. The serial number starts with P, so this dates to between 1999 and 2002. Alder body in sunburst, with beautiful ‘vintage tint’ maple neck. Lined fretless rosewood fingerboard, vintage spiral bridge, vintage reverse tuners, tug bar and neck pickup cover. USA vintage pickups, which have loads of growl and bite, but can also deliver a beautifully smooth fretless tone.

It’s so responsive and has a fantastic feel and sound. The action is really low and the build quality impeccable; I’ve never seen such a tight neck pocket on a Fender. It really is a flawless bass, and it breaks my heart to sell it, but unfortunately I've just had quite a few gigs cancelled and I need the cash. I have to sell one bass, and this is the one, simply because it’s fretless. :)

It's in excellent condition, and comes with a hard case. It's currently strung with D'Addario half-rounds, which sound quite bright without chewing up the neck.

I'd prefer collection, but I can drop it off in the car if you're not too far and cover my petrol costs. However if you did want me to send it via courier, it would be an extra £25, but I'd like paypal fees to be paid at the buyer's end - I hate getting stung on them.

EDIT: price and postage details

Edited by guybrush threepwood