Why become a member? ×

Sandberg JM5

SisterAbdullahX

I've owned a JM4 for four years.... playabiity is amazing. Build quality is second to none for the money. The JM arrangement is great, i can get a good jazz tone, a very close MM tone, and with both pickups on the sound is phenomenal.
Not played a JM5, but have been told by a very reliable source(an endorsee) that the 5er necks are very comfortable to use.

Nige.

Edited by yorick

Can't really help you but I think there was a very interesting example on here the other day for sale.
If I was looking for a decent bass, I'd consider them. The only problem I can see, is that the money they go for is about the same as an original Fender so what sets them apart...?
If they have that edge in quality then fair enough, but do they..?

I did indeed like that 5er on here the other day but I have those basses covered, IMO which is why I didn't pursue it.

I've owed both the Sandberg JJ5 and JM5 as well as Fender American standard Jazz 5's and can say without doubt that Sandberg have far better fit and finish, but more importantly the sound is more open with greater depth, punch and definition.

Another reason why I prefer them over the Fender is the 35" scale, The B is so much better in terms of punch and bass weight.

The reason my Reliced JM5 was so cheep I needed a VERY quick sale as I have just been made redundant. Bills need to be paid and it was my 'spare' bass that had to go.

As soon as I'm back on my feet I will be buying another JM5 or a P5 from Sandberg.

They are expensive but worth the extra in playability and sound over a Fender.

Edited by voxpop

[quote name='voxpop' post='946095' date='Sep 5 2010, 12:44 PM']I've owed both the Sandberg JJ5 and JM5 as well as Fender American standard Jazz 5's and can say without doubt that Sandberg have far better fit and finish, but more importantly the sound is more open with greater depth, punch and definition.

Another reason why I prefer them over the Fender is the 35" scale, The B is so much better in terms of punch and bass weight.

The reason my Reliced JM5 was so cheep I needed a VERY quick sale as I have just been made redundant. Bills need to be paid and it was my 'spare' bass that had to go.

As soon as I'm back on my feet I will be buying another JM5 or a P5 from Sandberg.

They are expensive but worth the extra in playability and sound over a Fender.[/quote]

35" scale? :) i had 2 for 3 years and always thought they were 34's! Crikey if i didn't notice that perhaps 35" isn't as much as a problem for me as i thought it was :S

[quote name='JMT3781' post='946238' date='Sep 5 2010, 03:21 PM']35" scale? :) i had 2 for 3 years and always thought they were 34's! Crikey if i didn't notice that perhaps 35" isn't as much as a problem for me as i thought it was :S[/quote]

I had a 5 string and it was 34 scale also. I believe 35" is available as an option on the 5's

[quote name='Platypus' post='946527' date='Sep 5 2010, 06:59 PM']I had a 5 string and it was 34 scale also. I believe 35" is available as an option on the 5's[/quote]

I think it has been made an option very recently. Any five string Sandberg built up to 2009 was a 35" as standard. I think.