Why become a member? ×

ACG battery life

Dread Bass

How long does it take for your ACG bass to go through it batteries? mine seems to eat through them in 2 - 3 months and i don't think that can be normal, i think i must have a fault. Does anyone know of anything obvious i should check? or do these preamps just hammer the batteries? I have the ACG filter preamp 18V

Before anyone asks i do not leave leads plugged in the jack.

[quote name='Dread Bass' post='947675' date='Sep 6 2010, 09:25 PM']How long does it take for your ACG bass to go through it batteries? mine seems to eat through them in 2 - 3 months and i don't think that can be normal, i think i must have a fault. Does anyone know of anything obvious i should check? or do these preamps just hammer the batteries? I have the ACG filter preamp 18V

Before anyone asks i do not leave leads plugged in the jack.[/quote]How often do you plug it in?

[quote name='Dread Bass' post='947768' date='Sep 6 2010, 10:48 PM']A fair whack to be honest probably between 2-3 hours a night during the week then 2 x 3-4 hour practices with bands at the weekend at least. Still i would expect it to last between 9 - 12 months.[/quote]
Sweet zombie jesus. I'd love to even have the opportunity to play that much. Jealous here.

At that level of use, you might get 9-12 months out of EMG active pickups (they seem to last for an age IME), but any other active system... 2-3 months sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Fire off an email to Alan and he'll usually reply within a few hours.

Well, I also have some issues with batteries, though, I managed to leave the jack in the bass for a night, so this may contribute why they ran off after about two weeks - I put brand new Energizers into bass.. (at least the red light says so)

I'll just buy a new pair of batteries - the third time won't lie..

[quote name='MythSte' post='947846' date='Sep 7 2010, 01:04 AM']Do you leave it plugged in? I know active pre-amps use power even when just left with a jack in the socket. Ive E-mailed Alan once or twice and i'm sure he'd be more than happy to help though :)[/quote]

Rat pedals do this even when bypassed if the jack is inserted. Could be as simple as that