Why become a member? ×

Starting to get worried - Courier problems

Musicman20

Well, just as Ive been offered the Training Contract with a Law firm Ive worked towards for years and years (still VERY happy about this) but now Ive yet AGAIN had problems with couriers and basses.

You can all see Ive got my Ray 5 HS on order. Its been on order for around 4 months. I didnt mind the wait so much, but you wont believe this.

It arrived in the country last week, and been shipped to my dealer. The dealer sent this out on Special Saturday Delivery with my 2 EQ Ray, (along with other accessories).

The 2 EQ Ray arrived safely. The Ray 5 HS has still not arrived, and the courier have no answers for my dealer as yet. This isnt a dealer issue, its a courier issue.

Im seriously getting stressed out and quite worried about the whole thing. I really dont know what Im supposed to do. I needed a 5 string bass weeks ago, so another 3-4 month wait will be really hard work. Its the most Ive ever spent on a bass. Ive called my local depot and they have no idea where it is. It never arrived with them on Saturday. If it doesnt turn up tomorrow at one of the depots (eg if it went to the wrong area) I think its pretty clear its been stolen.

What would you do? :) Obviously I dont have to do any type of claim as Ive not received it, or even seen it.

Edited by Musicman20

Surely the courier must have some sort of tracking system to work out where it was last?

If it helps I once had a bass shipped to Spain & bounced all around Barcelona for about 10 days before finally turning up at the right place. When it did arrive it was in perfect condition :)

[quote name='molan' post='947723' date='Sep 6 2010, 10:18 PM']Surely the courier must have some sort of tracking system to work out where it was last?

If it helps I once had a bass shipped to Spain & bounced all around Barcelona for about 10 days before finally turning up at the right place. When it did arrive it was in perfect condition :)[/quote]

Thanks, thats what we are all hoping for at the moment! Im hoping, and I still have faith, that its just a mistake.

The 2 Band got stuck last weekend due to Parcelforce having a technical problem at one of their depots. It was held up which meant I got it a week late as I can usually only get deliveries on Saturdays now. It was fully checked over by my dealer before it was shipped back out to me when PF finally decided to get it to them. It arrived here in perfect condition as was the box etc. So I do think these things can be a happy ending, its just the worrying Im doing now, and the potential problems of turning things down to due lack of 5 string again.

I agree, they should be able to track it, but they seem to be taking their time. The Newcastle depot hasnt ever seen it, so its probably gone to the wrong place, or much worse, been stolen.

I just hope the courier are going to sort this out NOW so I dont go mad with being in that 'unknown' state. The longer they take, the longer a potential re-order will take.

More news when it happens! As you might have guessed, there arent many chances of anyone being in the house for the entire delivery slot, so that causes more problems.

Edited by Musicman20

Quick update.

Its been delivered this morning and my girlfriend was home luckily!

She says the box looks absolutely fine. The only thing was the damp bubble wrap covering the shipping box, but no signs of anyone opening it or damage.

Ill check it later. Lets hope all is well! At least the mystery is over! If its damaged in anyway or been tampered with, ill be in for another wait I guess.

I thought it would turn up..they had just mis-directed it and were tracking it down and meanwhile could not put you in the picture. I fully expect you to take half day off work and bash the thing to hell....in a playing sense..!! :)

I await the full report and sincerely hope you are DELIGHTED with it..

Its been at my house for a few days. My 6 year old loved it but it was a bit heavy for him so sorry about the dents and delay ;-)

Glad it turned up. Im sure its going to be as good as the 2EQ.

Oh, and big congrats getting that job. Well worth all the effort and time you've put in to get it.

Edited by dave_bass5