Why become a member? ×

Orange AD200B valve head

Clarky

Major edit (as have reconsidered and decided to keep Barefaced cab):

OK, mistake (not for the first time)! In a fit of rockgod enthusiasm I bought Tee's Orange AD200B amp at the end of June. Basically its too heavy (just over 50 lb) for my dodgy back. I bought a TC 450 Classic head as back-up for the Orange and TBH it does a pretty good copy of tubey-ness so I am going back to a lightweight rig. Call me a wuss, Wayne!

Hence I am moving this on. £750 for this lovely warm sounding Orange amp (perfect nick bar one metal rivet on one corner)

Due to size/weight its collection/meet-up only in London (I am near hammersmith)

[attachment=58451:clarky_basses_513.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

Specifications below (note: the Orange weighs 25kg, while the Vintage weighs 21 kg)

[url="http://www.soundunlimited.co.uk/product_335_Orange_AD200B_Head.html"]http://www.soundunlimited.co.uk/product_33...D200B_Head.html[/url]

[url="http://barefacedbass.com/vintage.htm"]http://barefacedbass.com/vintage.htm[/url]

Edited by Clarky

Having received PMs, I just want to make absolutely clear that I will not post these items due to size/weight (and fragility of valves as I don't have a flight case for the amp). Its collection-only or meet-up. Sorry to those further afield.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='950781' date='Sep 9 2010, 04:22 PM']Having witnessed the vintages's little brother (compact) and owned one of those ad200 and an ad series guitar stack this rig must be a beast, even separate those are deals.
Sorry I'm not buying, free bump +[/quote]
Thanks. It is a beast indeed and a sexy beast at that. Just a heavy, large, sexy beast!

[quote name='BassBod' post='951053' date='Sep 9 2010, 08:32 PM']I couldn't think of a set up that is less useful to me and my "stealth gigging" agenda...but even I thought about it for a minute or two! Bet it sounds very very very good...and is a lot easier to move than your average 4x10.[/quote]

Totally feeling the lure of Doom.

Ummmm...my wedding gig on Saturday was Vocal, jaazzz geetar and electric upright. The GK combo was overkill. Don't think a 2x15 would get me booked again, even if I forgot to plug it in.

Maybe a hint of doom, I guess. But I'd have to grow some more hair first.

[quote name='BassBod' post='951186' date='Sep 9 2010, 10:06 PM']Ummmm...my wedding gig on Saturday was Vocal, jaazzz geetar and electric upright. The GK combo was overkill. Don't think a 2x15 would get me booked again, even if I forgot to plug it in.[/quote]
Hehe. I can get away with a 2x15 coz it looks f**king cool and I don't turn it up *that* much :) Not tried it for jazz yet...

Bump and all change! After further consideration I have decided I to keep the Barefaced cab ( after all an Epifani UL310, which is what I was thinking of getting instead, weighs more!) and just sell the Orange amp. OP edited to match.

So does anyone want some British valvey-y goodness? Weighty, yes, although entirely manageable for the strapping among you ... and nothing like as heavy as an Ampeg SVT (although I realise that Ampeg is the pinnacle of all things bass-like, lol!)

Edited by Clarky

I have received a good offer on this but it would require posting. I am not currently willing to do this as it would mean removing valves and finding very robust packaging. Currently this is only for collection or meet-up in (or close to) London

Edited by Clarky

Have had a couple of potential offers to collect whilst I was away from my computer this afternoon. In the interest of fairness I will deal with these in the order the PM's arrived. I am waiting to hear back from the first guy but the upshot is the amp may be 'on hold' until tomorrow lunch-time.

Edit: this is indeed "on hold" until tomorrow at midday

Edited by Clarky

As a newbie I just want to say that Clarky is a gentleman. I PM'd him this afternoon and offered him his price plus £50 (ie £800) if I could rush down from Brum and pick up his ad200 as I have a packed day tomorrow and am gigging tomorrow night. He pointed out to me that he had another PM just before mine asking him to put it on hold at £750 until tomorrow midday, and even though I pointed out to him that his other PM may well have something to do with the sixteen bidders who are chasing an ad200 & 410cab on ebay (which coincidentally finishes an hour or so before midday tomorrow) he affirmed that he was a man of his word and would wait for the guy tomorrow.

Clarky you've cost me a fortune mate with your honourable ways :) I've just bought a brand new orange ad200 amp in black and an obc410 cab in black . Finally if anyone's thinking of selling a good obc115 cab could they please pm me as buying new is a bit painful. :rolleyes:

PS: all the best with your sale tomorrow and your quest for a lighter amp.

[quote name='tbkicks' post='952260' date='Sep 10 2010, 09:09 PM']As a newbie I just want to say that Clarky is a gentleman. I PM'd him this afternoon and offered him his price plus £50 (ie £800) if I could rush down from Brum and pick up his ad200 as I have a packed day tomorrow and am gigging tomorrow night. He pointed out to me that he had another PM just before mine asking him to put it on hold at £750 until tomorrow midday, and even though I pointed out to him that his other PM may well have something to do with the sixteen bidders who are chasing an ad200 & 410cab on ebay (which coincidentally finishes an hour or so before midday tomorrow) he affirmed that he was a man of his word and would wait for the guy tomorrow.

Clarky you've cost me a fortune mate with your honourable ways :) I've just bought a brand new orange ad200 amp in black and an obc410 cab in black . Finally if anyone's thinking of selling a good obc115 cab could they please pm me as buying new is a bit painful. :lol:

PS: all the best with your sale tomorrow and your quest for a lighter amp.[/quote]
Thanks mate! Just sold the amp in a car boot sale for a grand, cool

Kidding :rolleyes: