Why become a member? ×

Peavey Mark VI amp and 1x18 cab for sale

jakebl

I know I only just joined this forum, sorry for being rude, but I've got a really sweet (and to you guys), cheap amp.

I know what you're thinking: "1x18 on its own! thats stupid!" ...normally I would agree, but the quaility of the black widow is immense! Years ahead of its birthday in 1982, this setup gives unbelieveable low and high frequency transparency and punch considering there are no small drivers or tweeters.

I "downgraded" from a Peavey max 700 that cut out every time I played it because it couldn't cool itself properly about 5 years ago, its done I would guess at least 100 gigs with me and I've never had a single problem with it, not one. The power (400w at 2ohms/250w at 4) has been more than enough for any gig I've done in medium/small venues, and the sensitive 9 band eq with hi/lo shelf can very quickly get mulitude of great tones to suit. The sound is very much a solid state one, but by no means dead or dull, and responds very well to my pod xt's distortion and pre-amp models. This amp also sounded great with my guitar, when used as a power amp and speaker with the pod doing the tone work.

It has two speaker outs at the back and a very cool active crossover on the front, a built in chorus (not great) and a control-less compressor. The amp also provides a tuner output and a footswitch input to control the chorus.

The cosmetic condition is quite worn, wait, very battered, but all controls and sockets are in full working order, and the operation is very good with no noise or hiss or hum.

This equipment is built like a tank, and weights as much as one, and I have every confidence that this rig could still be gigging in 50 years. If you need lots of power, but don't want to pay for it , this is the rig for you.

I don't want to sell but I've slipped a disc roadie-ing and I'm scared of lifting it! I've got my eye on something smaller.

I paid £600 for the pair 5 yrs ago and I'd like £300 now to be able to get my new amp. I don't really want to sell seperately because I want a quick sale and think the low price reflects that.

I would courier if you accept the risk they could break it in transit, it would probably be better to pick it up from me in Bath (then you could test it too), I could maybe meet you halfway if you're nice to me. email [email protected] for info

Many thanks

Jake Lock
[attachment=58468:100_9549.JPG] [attachment=58466:100_9545.JPG] [attachment=58467:100_9548.JPG] [attachment=58470:100_9550.JPG] [attachment=58469:100_9547.JPG]

Edited by jakebl