Why become a member? ×

2 ohm cab

munkonthehill

I sincerely doubt it, as a lot of amps wouldn't be able to drive one reliably; that said, if you get a cab with four sixteen-ohm drivers in it it could be rewired to present a two-ohm load quite easily. Although be absolutely sure that your amp can go down to two ohms without getting excessively hot...

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='952077' date='Sep 10 2010, 05:50 PM']I sincerely doubt it, as a lot of amps wouldn't be able to drive one reliably; that said, if you get a cab with four sixteen-ohm drivers in it it could be rewired to present a two-ohm load quite easily. Although be absolutely sure that your amp can go down to two ohms without getting excessively hot...[/quote]

4 16s in paralell is 4 ohm. you need 4 8s.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='952058' date='Sep 10 2010, 05:39 PM']i have this in the amp section too however i may get a speedier responce here.

As the title suggests folks.

Just seeing if theres any cabs out there with 2ohm impedance??????????

If so, does anyone have one for sale???????[/quote]

If the speakers in your ampeg 4x10 are all 8ohm, you can rewire it to 2ohm.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='952058' date='Sep 10 2010, 05:39 PM']i have this in the amp section too however i may get a speedier responce here.

As the title suggests folks.

Just seeing if theres any cabs out there with 2ohm impedance??????????

If so, does anyone have one for sale???????[/quote]

EBS do there big cabs in 2ohm to special order. They also do there smaller cabs in 8ohm to special order.