Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

11 hours ago, DGBass said:

There's a curious master volume that goes up to 27

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Possibly meant to indicate the level in dB? But relative to what... plus a true dB volume control is not silent at zero...

To paraphrase Nigel Tuffnell, it's 17 more.

Yesterday afternoon outside pub gig.

Acinonyx bass straight into the GR Bass Dual 1400 and 2x12 cab.

Sounded very clean with a ton of punch.

DSC_0001 (2).JPG

Edited by spyder
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Darkglass MicroTubes 200 just arrived today. What a great little amp. Had to get a group shot.

edit … forgot the Aguilar , took another pic.

IMG_0044.jpeg

Edited by msb
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BassAgent said:

How do you decide which amp to take to your gig?

I use the Forte , but go in the effect return and bypass the preamp and tone stack. I have a Monique preamp , so I have a 700 watt class D tube  combination. I usually use Bergantino cabs. I have a 210 and 112 , and most of the time the 112 is more than I need. 
It’s a really nice combination , and easy to move , sounds wonderful. The little heads are home or rehearsal use. Although I’m sure they could carry a mid sized room without any problems. The Forte gives me clean transparent power , with a ton of headroom.

IMG_8738.jpeg

Edited by msb
  • Like 2

Now , the little Darkglass head just arrived today. And it totally exceeded my expectations. It can deliver far more distortion than I’m likely to use , but I’ve been spinning the knobs and getting a good idea of what it can do. I’m liking it slightly warm but below the point of distortion. I’ve tried various cabs with it , and it just loves the BareFaced One10. That’s a great little cab. I even dragged out my old Ric. It had been a while. The old girl still sounds gorgeous. Recently I’ve been playing a big hollow body Gretsch a lot. And there was some magic there. So I’ve been in amp nerd heaven. The M200 is one great little amp.

IMG_0042.jpeg