Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Posted (edited)

Played through a Genz Benz 610 for the first time at last night’s rehearsal. Both the Genz and the Peavey head are the studio’s and I ran my Sansamp straight into the input rather than the power amp in. Sounded monstrous 😍

IMG_5505.thumb.jpeg.3ba8dd9298bc8db0cc85f778a913a9a4.jpeg

Edited by Bassybert
  • Like 4

On 15/06/2024 at 07:39, BassAgent said:

Took out the Sadowsky MetroExpress and the TRB fretless yesterday. Both affordable, both absolutely brilliant basses. The neck on that TRB is to die for.

cBQKxAq.jpeg 

How are you getting on with the T900 ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Re-tubed Monique , I had picked it up used and had no idea how old the tubes were. Noticed a difference in the way the eq responded. And tried out some different cabs. So I’m very glad I did it. The clear winner for cabs was my 112 Bergantino. 

IMG_0985.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

“Put the Bass In” … excellent. I’d love to see the “External Stack” plugged in.

4x3 ? How does it sound? I use a 2x5 for home practice , it’s deep at low volume but does not fill the room. You’ve got to sit right in front of it.

Edited by msb

On 25/07/2024 at 13:00, msb said:

“Put the Bass In” … excellent. I’d love to see the “External Stack” plugged in.

4x3 ? How does it sound? I use a 2x5 for home practice , it’s deep at low volume but does not fill the room. You’ve got to sit right in front of it.

Not too bad, but the tone controls are optimised for hifi. I improved it by removing wadding I put in and cutting a port. It was meant as a bit of fun using stuff I already had when I couldn't affors a practice amp, but it turned out OK.

Better days now, I mostly use a Joyo Bantamp and a PJB C2, which is 2x5 and sounds great.

• Like 1

I have a little practice nook at the in-laws , we care for my wife’s mother-in-law and spend much of our time there. So I have a little corner at home with a nice little practice amp , and this set up at the in-laws. At first I just grabbed a Rumble 15 and thought it was all I’d need. It sucked , I was used to having tone. I’ve gone through several amps and cabs at this point and this is what I’ve settled on. The aim was for something small. The e500 was a find on kijiji and I found that at a good price. I love it. The BigHead headphone amp was a classifieds score , I spend a lot of time on the phones learning material. I bought the PhilJones cab new , and paid full retail. It’s a wonderful practice cab but is not gig suitable. 
I’ve been keeping four basses in the nook , two short scale Gibsons , rounds on the Jr , flats on the SG. And a pair of Gretsches . The big orange one is 32 scale , the Jet is 30. The SG was a kijiji find for a great price , I managed to get the Jr when Guitar Center blew them out. The Gretsches were also brought in from the States , the 5123 was never sold in Canada , fell in love with it and some Gretsch fans suggested the 6128. That one was hard to find. Both bought used , but the exchange , duty and shipping were painful. Flats on both Gretsches.

I was once a Pbass guy but these days it seems I play just about everything but …

IMG_1464.jpeg

IMG_1463.jpeg

Edited by msb
  • Like 5

Home I generally use this little 350 ToneHammer and a SL112. There’s a little cluster of basses there at the moment , a Yamaha Samurai , a UniVox HiFlier , and my trusty old Ray. This rig does not leave the house. I keep gig and rehearsal gear totally separate. 

IMG_8510.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Not too bad, but the tone controls are optimised for hifi. I improved it by removing wadding I put in and cutting a port. It was meant as a bit of fun using stuff I already had when I couldn't affors a practice amp, but it turned out OK.

Better days now, I mostly use a Joyo Bantamp and a PJB C2, which is 2x5 and sounds great.

I love the one I picked up. It’s surprisingly deep and rich sounding when you sit in front of it , but I find it does not fill a room , and that’s ideal in my little practice nook.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, msb said:

I have a little practice nook at the in-laws , we care for my wife’s mother-in-law and spend much of our time there. So I have a little corner at home with a nice little practice amp , and this set up at the in-laws. At first I just grabbed a Rumble 15 and thought it was all I’d need. It sucked , I was used to having tone. I’ve gone through several amps and cabs at this point and this is what I’ve settled on. The aim was for something small. The e500 was a find on kijiji and I found that at a good price. I love it. The BigHead headphone amp was a classifieds score , I spend a lot of time on the phones learning material. I bought the PhilJones cab new , and paid full retail. It’s a wonderful practice cab but is not gig suitable. 
I’ve been keeping four basses in the nook , two short scale Gibsons , rounds on the Jr , flats on the SG. And a pair of Gretsches . The big orange one is 32 scale , the Jet is 30. The SG was a kijiji find for a great price , I managed to get the Jr when Guitar Center blew them out. The Gretsches were also brought in from the States , the 5123 was never sold in Canada , fell in love with it and some Gretsch fans suggested the 6128. That one was hard to find. Both bought used , but the exchange , duty and shipping were painful. Flats on both Gretsches.

I was once a Pbass guy but these days it seems I play just about everything but …

IMG_1464.jpeg

IMG_1463.jpeg

You have great taste there. Lovely basses! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MM Stingray 62 said:

Now that’s a setup you don’t see everyday I bet it sounds great.

I love it.. It weighs too much but the sound is truly magnificent - there's a bit of extra EQ (two little graphic pedals) and an Ampeg Opto Comp in the FX loop but the V6 is a fantastic tool..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VTypeV4 said:

724 live bits

Out in the wild - the V6 & cabs plus the 40th anniversary and VM Squier Jazzes..

I think non-bassists would be surprised how often we gig with a rig that cost castly more than the basses we play through it!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be using this setup at a low volume easy going blues gig this Thursday. The cab is a regular feature for rehearsal and small gigs and has proven itself with a few different amps. The little Ashdown class-d head was a fairly recent purchase as a back up/home studio use only but has worked really well with the R210 cab in particular. It's not my first class-d amp but is my first Ashdown class-d head. It's simple to operate and easy to get a usable tone from. Very reminiscnet of the MAG/Electric Blue pre-amp sections and i'm guessing might be like the Rootmaster heads although I havent tried them. The killer feature for me is the shape button which is just like the one on Ashdown ABM's. It gives the amp a surprising punch and low end presence. There's a curious master volume that goes up to 27 but around 13 or 14 is more than enough for a small pub sized room. Lovely warm fat tone and so far no sign of the class-d auto compression and limiting I usually associate with class-d stuff. I think its 300 watts but sounds about the same output wise as my TE GP7 SM130 head. Obviously one other bonus is that its very light.

IMG_4022.thumb.jpeg.bd197f47018989f83a555324e0641598.jpeg

Edited by DGBass
  • Like 6