Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* FS/FT: Hofner Club Bass 500/2 1965

7enderhead

[b][size=4][color="#FF0000"]Now sold pending payment, thanks Bob![/color][/size][/b]

Hello,

Up for sale or trade is my 1965 Hofner Club Bass 500/2. Pot codes 405 and 425. The usual ultra-lightweight at 2.3kg.

The bass has aged nicely and feels just right. It is currently strung with a set of well broken-in Thomastik flatwounds, and needless to say, that thumpy tone is right there. No issues with playability, neck is straight and there are no cracks to be seen anywhere.

The pickguard and one volume control's top are missing. The strap pin screw at the bridge looks non-original to me, because it doesn't have the same amount of tarnish as the rest of the assembly.

A fitting gig bag is included. The bass is located in Austria, but I have plenty of experience with shipping internationally. Insured shipment to the UK with GLS is 22.50£ / 26.90€.

This lovely bass is simply too different from my Precisions, and I have too many basses anyway.

Sale price: [s]625£ / 750€[/s] [s]607£ / 725€[/s] [size=4]Final price drop: [b][color="#FF0000"]595£ / 700€[/color][/b][/size]
Trades:
[list]
[*]Precision bass (Fender or old Squier/Tokai etc, rosewood fingerboard with vintage 7.xx radius, weighing no more than 4kg)
[*]Markbass F1/F500 amp
[*]Barefaced Midget cabinet
[*]Markbass New York 121 cabinet
[/list]

[attachment=59060:Hofner_4.jpg] [attachment=59061:Hofner_6.jpg] [attachment=59062:Hofner_5.jpg] [attachment=59063:Hofner_7.jpg] [attachment=59064:Hofner_3.jpg] [attachment=59065:Hofner_1.jpg] [attachment=59066:Hofner_2.jpg]

Edited by 7enderhead

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='962215' date='Sep 20 2010, 01:36 PM']I think this is a great little toy, brilliant to look at and my kinda sound too.[/quote]

One could say that it's a toy based on its size and weight, but tone-wise it really teaches the big guys some new tricks (and certainly sounds bigger than most of 'em).