Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot BLX150 combo

Ian Savage

I'm sure we've all seen these before, easily transportable yet eminently giggable combos which put out FAR more level than anything with a single 10" speaker has any right to!

For anyone who hasn't come across the GP7 preamp, we've got a preamp section with active/passive switch, gain control and two preshape options (which can be switched out altogether). 7-band graphic, hence the name, with overall level control and EQ in/out switch, followed by balanced DI out with pre/post switch, and an overall EQ rotary knob which goes from 'Low' to 'High' - quite handy for master control of the EQ to suit different rooms or to get more 'cut' instantly - and obviously a master volume control.

Around the back it's nice and simple, just a power switch, tuner output and a pair of eight-ohm speaker outputs (one connected to the internal speaker, so I'm guessing that the combo puts out about 120W RMS 'as is', and will give the full 150W RMS/300W peak with a second cab - it's plenty loud as it is, it'd be bowel-loosening with a 1x15" :) ).

This one's in pretty good nick, carpet-covered with the usual gigging wear but no damage - comes with a rudimentary but effective cover, too.

I'm hoping to fetch around £175 for this, but feel free to make me an offer - I'm currently near to Cannock, Staffordshire but often around and about the West Midlands and Warwickshire; could look at postage, we'd probably be talking around the £12-15 mark at a guess.