Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Boss ME-50B

Guest MoJo

My love/hate relationship with effects seems to go in repetitive cycles. Over the years I have gone from effectless to a GT-6B, back to effectless, then to a ME-20B, again back to effectless and more recently a Boss ME-50B. I have found the latter to be my favourite of the three, being easy to use but with a sufficient number of decent usuable effects and patches to make it a useful gigging tool.

Once again, I find myself wanting to return to the simplicity of bass-lead-amp-cab and therefore am looking to move this excellent effects unit on to someone more deserving.

For those unfamiliar with the ME-50B, it can be used in one of two ways. Simplest of these is to view the unit as three individual stomp boxes housed within one box. Each 'box' has a number of effects available at the turn of a dial, each effect can be tailored by use of the parameter controls making the possibilities almost endless. This makes setting sounds up on the fly quick and easy.

The ME-50B also has 24 user patches where one can store the effect or combination of effects set up within the three 'stomp boxes' for instant recall in the future. Editting and storing patches is extremely simply, far easier than the GT-6B :)

There are also some very useful compressors, an assignable expression pedal and a parametric EQ section included in the unit. Bypassing the effects section also kicks in the built in tuner.

For the lover of effects (which I once was and probably will be again in the future...lol), this is really a very useful, user friendly unit. In excellent condition. The Boss Power AC adaptor was never included with the ME-50B. I have been powering this from my power brick but any 9v AC adaptor designed to power effects pedals will do the job.

Looking for the £90 I paid for it plus postage.

Edited by bassman2790

• 4 weeks later...