Why become a member? ×

New "The Locals" Track

MythSte

Just wanted to get a few first impressions on this one off all your critical ears!

Its the first take, we wrote the entire song on the day - Our lead singer seems to think we're The Beatles or something. Im quite chuffed with how its turned out! The bass on this one was recorded via line out on my trace twin valve and a mic on my Mesa Walkabout Scout Cab.

P.S, Im aware I miss a beat going into the guitar harmony section! :)

[quote name='lowdown' post='970598' date='Sep 28 2010, 01:02 PM']I would not worry about missing a beat when you have a track called Rimmer..!! :)

Having a listen at the moment.

Garry[/quote]

We're rubbish at naming songs, Im pretty sure it wont be called Rimmer in its final incarnation :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good work mate. It's got hints of Blur, Oasis and Radiohead to my ear. Felt the vocal needed to be a bit more above the track when it gets louder, but I'm listening on a laptop which doesn't help. Quieter two-part guitar parts dragged a bit and seemed a bit incongruent. Overall I think the track's powerful but would have more impact if reduced in length a little.

If we sounded that good I'd be happy!

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1028759' date='Nov 19 2010, 01:02 AM']Good work mate. It's got hints of Blur, Oasis and Radiohead to my ear. Felt the vocal needed to be a bit more above the track when it gets louder, but I'm listening on a laptop which doesn't help. Quieter two-part guitar parts dragged a bit and seemed a bit incongruent. Overall I think the track's powerful but would have more impact if reduced in length a little.

If we sounded that good I'd be happy!

C[/quote]

Thanks for the input!

I'd agree, at the moment the little guitar harmony bit is far too long and you do lose interest after a while. I shall pitch it to the guys that we shorten that bit :)