Why become a member? ×

SOLD

willyf87

[s]Selling yet another bass to cull down my collection. It's a 6 string bass i got from Germany off ebay, the make is infinity, theres not much I can find on them but guess they are made in china.

It is black, no scratchplate, with a high mass bridge. It has 2 soap bar pick ups, the output is pretty good on them and seem to do the job. Electronics are sound everything works fine. The machine heads were absolutely terrible!!! I replaced these with wilkinson machine heads which cost me £35 alone. The neck has a surprisingly great grain of wood on it almost with that sort of firey effect, the neck is maple and the fingerboard rosewood, the headstock is black to match the body. The body has a couple of scratches, nothing down to the wood, apparently according to the ebay description the body is alder, cant guarantee that but this bass definitely weighs and is solid as anything. It has 2 truss rods that adjust fine.

The only thing that needs some work is the nut, two of the slots have been cut a little too deep and rattle off the first fret, i have remedied one with a piece of paper (old school trick I know) the other wasn't as bad but could do with sorting out (couldn't get paper to stay!), i have bought a cheap replacement nut that i will include with the sale but to be honest the superglue trick would probably work fine i just haven't got round to doing it and would probably make a mess of it!! The electronics are passive, this bass would suit someone wanting to try 6 string out before purchasing something better. I'm a 4 string player at heart!!

I will include a gig bag, its old but functional for postage! All in all the quality of this bass is surprisingly good!

I will post pictures hopefully by saturday as the bass is currently at my girlfriends, hence the huge description!!!
[b]
£80 inc postage [/b]no trades please.[/s]

Edited by willyf87

Yeah putting them up in 5 minutes!!! I play most things but not heavy metal type stuff, I really enjoyed the high C but not the B, was gonna use it for certain techniques but never got round to it really, the band I'm in is pretty much 4 string fretted and fretless.

Edited by willyf87