Why become a member? ×

Price advice needed (Also in bass guitars)

leschirons

Friend of mine is selling his Status as he's changed to guitar.

He has no idea of a fair and resonable price to ask as he can't find any info and has nothing to compare. He contacted the Statii site for advice and had one reply from some guy who says it's only worth such and such but he'd be interested. (Alarm bells)

This is the info from the warranty card. It is cased, with all the original case candy and documentation, NOT a bolt on, in nearly 10/10 condition after 18 years of having one owner from new. I say nearly 10/10 as it is after all 18 years old but looks new.
As far as I'm aware, the Series 1 is not the same as an S1 but what do I know? Maybe one of you knows better.

Model; series 1 headed ( 4 string) Blue sunburst
serial no; 1418
Date of completion; 22/10/92
Facing wood ; ash Finish; Polyester
Circuit ; stack Pickups; Hyperactive J / J.
Mould finish; Woven Graphite

Any help appreciated.

[quote name='MB1' post='975216' date='Oct 2 2010, 04:44 PM']MB1. :)
Posted in wrong area....You could try contacting Rob Green at Status or post a picture of it![/quote]

It's in "Bass guitars" too but I thought more chatters would notice here. There is a not very good pic in the other thread.

If the mods feel it's best deleted here then that's fine, I'll leave it in the other section. Thanks for the advice.

It's blue... you've just halved its value right there! :lol:

If he's putting it up for sale on here I'd suggest finding the nearest comparable bass that has sold on eBay or Basschat recently and then sticking on £100; that gives room to drop the price if it doesn't get snapped up. Alternatively he could put it up for what he paid for it, even if that means he has to later reduce his price... if he gets swamped with buyers he can do what others have done and pull the sale then advertise it for more. :) :)

I would imagine that if they can't give an accurate idea over on a Status dedicated site you'll struggle to get a better idea here because it'll all be guess work and supposition.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='975238' date='Oct 2 2010, 06:02 PM']It's blue... you've just halved its value right there! :lol:

If he's putting it up for sale on here I'd suggest finding the nearest comparable bass that has sold on eBay or Basschat recently and then sticking on £100; that gives room to drop the price if it doesn't get snapped up. Alternatively he could put it up for what he paid for it, even if that means he has to later reduce his price... if he gets swamped with buyers he can do what others have done and pull the sale then advertise it for more. :) :)

I would imagine that if they can't give an accurate idea over on a Status dedicated site you'll struggle to get a better idea here because it'll all be guess work and supposition.[/quote]

Probably right on all counts.

Thanks for taking the time.