Why become a member? ×

German Warwick Corvette's - Will their value go up?

Linus27

I have a beautiful passive Warwick Corvette Standard in Ash. It is one of the last German made models before they shipped production to Korea. As Warwick no longer make the German standard Corvette, do you think that my bass will hold its value or even go up in value and become more sought after?

I’m toying with the idea of selling it as I don’t need it but don’t want to sell it if it’s worth hanging onto.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='976875' date='Oct 4 2010, 11:35 AM']I think in this climate it will hold its value for a definite.

With it being one of the last German-made cersions, I doubt you'd lose anything.

If the bass market has a u-turn, you might make a little on it in a few years, but at the moment it is flooded.

Is a Ray fretless on your list? :lol:[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the info Gareth. I kind of suspected that and not really sure if the value will go up that much anyway. As you say, it will probably just stay stable.

I would love a fretless ray. I've asked on the EBMM forum if they have any plans for a Classic fretless ray but nothing confirmed yet :) If I let my heart rule at the moment, I would sell all my fretted basses and get fretless ones but thankfully my head is a little stronger. I've just bought a wonderful Fender CIJ 62 RI fretless Jazz but I think long term, I would love a tobacco sunburst fretless ray, just like Pino has :)

I think it would be no problem, apart from a 3-4 month wait, to get a 2 band Stingray with Pau Ferro board, in exactly that colour. Porbbaly be around £1200 new unfortunately. I imagine they are pretty rare second hand.

I am actually thinking about trying fretless, and an EBMM would be exactly what Im after (not sure which bass yet). Is it difficult to learn?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='976908' date='Oct 4 2010, 11:54 AM']I think it would be no problem, apart from a 3-4 month wait, to get a 2 band Stingray with Pau Ferro board, in exactly that colour. Porbbaly be around £1200 new unfortunately. I imagine they are pretty rare second hand.

I am actually thinking about trying fretless, and an EBMM would be exactly what Im after (not sure which bass yet). Is it difficult to learn?[/quote]

Is it difficult to learn is a very hard question to answer because its based on how good your ear is and how good your finger placing is. Personally, a lot of my bass lines were written as if they were played on a fretless (I blame my sisters for bringing me up on 80's music) and so the transition to play my style on a fretless was relatively natural. Thankfully, I also have a very good ear and so playing in tune was not a major issue for me. I find finger placing is just a case of practise and knowing your instrument. Playing along to all favourite songs or doing all your natural exercises on the fretless is the way to improve that.

What I did was just buy a Squire VMJ fretless (for sale soon) and used that to practise on and see if fretless was for me. I very quickly out grew it and realised fretless was the way forward. Personally, playing fretless is the most enjoyable experience I have playing bass (along with fast punk pop to an audience of thousands :) as its so expresive and sounds wonderful. Give it a go but you might want to try something cheaper before taking the plunge on a fretless ray just in case its not for you. Unless its a tobacco sunburst and then I can buy it from you :lol: