Why become a member? ×

New Matamp Cab - Special Bassday Only Price

tayste_2000

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='981859' date='Oct 8 2010, 06:29 PM']Looks great but I think I'll change that grill. Not sure about it, there looks to be more metal than holes, how much of the sound is it going to restrict ?[/quote]

I have the same grill on my 4x10 and 8x10 and there is far less metal in it than say a standard grill with small holes

[quote name='Shockwave' post='981898' date='Oct 8 2010, 06:58 PM']I am aware of that, but I wouldnt be able to run the Barefaced at the same time![/quote]
Whats the impedance of the barefaced 4?

You could get the 8 ohm version an be fine running it on the 2ohm tap at 2.67 ohms I did it with my mesa for ages

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='981901' date='Oct 8 2010, 07:01 PM']Whats the impedance of the barefaced 4?

You could get the 8 ohm version an be fine running it on the 2ohm tap at 2.67 ohms I did it with my mesa for ages[/quote]

That would be putting less power into the less sensitive cab (from the heavy voice coils, and sealed cab, 95% sure the Barefaced is significantly more sensitive). Plus I don't get the impression Ampeg output transformers are especially robust.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='981902' date='Oct 8 2010, 07:02 PM']Or get 2 8ohm 6x10s to run with your 2x15 ;p[/quote]

That would probably balance the volume. Would kind of totally negate the weight advantage of the BFV, although Shockwave's Ampeg head does that.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='981902' date='Oct 8 2010, 07:02 PM']Or get 2 8ohm 6x10s to run with your 2x15 ;p[/quote]

Give me the money and i will!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='981901' date='Oct 8 2010, 07:01 PM']Whats the impedance of the barefaced 4?

You could get the 8 ohm version an be fine running it on the 2ohm tap at 2.67 ohms I did it with my mesa for ages[/quote]

Didnt think the SVT would be very happy running at that. :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='981839' date='Oct 8 2010, 06:05 PM']Looks mighty sexy

[/quote]

that grill has totally killed my gas ;o would be so much more awesome if you could get it with a tweed one and in a proper colour like green ;(