Why become a member? ×

Best 4 string for £350 - 400

stoatsbrother

After spending around 4 hours trying music shops in Exeter yesterday i eneded up walking away with a MIM jazz for £400. Never really rated MIMs but found one that played sweet as and i couldn't ignore it....definitely worth a try of some of the new MIM's however quality seems to vary as a couple of others i played didn't really do much for me. I also played a rough MIJ which i thought was never possible - think it must have been a bit of a dud. The Squire CV's are nice too but the MIM i got creamed it surprisingly :)

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='stoatsbrother' post='981183' date='Oct 8 2010, 07:51 AM']Ok - cannot see an answer to this on doing a forum search - and I'd be very interested in the views of others.

I have a 14 year old son who plays a Yamaha RBX 170, but is ready to move on. Playing a mix of stuff, and needs a bass with a wide tonal range, relatively narrow finger board, yet is active and slappable.

Probable get quite a lot more s/h I guess.

He has a brilliant PRS SE 6 string guitar - and I guess he might be looking for the equivalent in basses, a high quality instrument at the bottom end of the range of a great maker. And he doesn't need a 5 string, or a fretless (because he can borrow mine...!)[/quote]

hey dude
i have a mexican fender jazz here for £250 if your interested?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=106171&st=0&p=984631&#entry984631"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry984631[/url]

sam :)